Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doomsday Preppers
14 August 2012, 16:05,
RE: Doomsday Preppers
I'm told that one guy who appeared on the show ended up getting sectioned by his doctor and locked away cos the doctor thought he must be a nutjob to want to be a prepper !!!

What a total F*** up of OPSEC and a huge dent to our credability, only the idiot Merkins could be so stupid to sell out years of prep and huge expense for 5 minutes of TV fame.

14 August 2012, 16:33,
(14 August 2012, 14:58)Paul Wrote: Wasn't there another US TV series where they set up in a factory unit and "survived"? forgotten it's name though.

man vs. wild? xD
14 August 2012, 16:58,
(14 August 2012, 16:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm told that one guy who appeared on the show ended up getting sectioned by his doctor and locked away cos the doctor thought he must be a nutjob to want to be a prepper !!!

What a total F*** up of OPSEC and a huge dent to our credability, only the idiot Merkins could be so stupid to sell out years of prep and huge expense for 5 minutes of TV fame.

everyone wants their chance at celebrity, why shouldn't some preppers want the same??Tongue any TV programme is going to be slanted the way the producers want it and it wont be to the benefit of prepping, thats to be sure!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 August 2012, 17:02,
(14 August 2012, 16:58)bigpaul Wrote: everyone wants their chance at celebrity, why shouldn't some preppers want the same??Tongue any TV programme is going to be slanted the way the producers want it and it wont be to the benefit of prepping, thats to be sure!Big Grin

im quite happy wallowing in anonymity meself Smile

but yeah i would never go on a tv show for prepping, would never be portrayed right, unless i made it!...although i would go on telly showcasing other skills or doing other stuff, but prepping is too important Tongue
14 August 2012, 17:37,
(14 August 2012, 17:02)Hrusai Wrote:
(14 August 2012, 16:58)bigpaul Wrote: everyone wants their chance at celebrity, why shouldn't some preppers want the same??Tongue any TV programme is going to be slanted the way the producers want it and it wont be to the benefit of prepping, thats to be sure!Big Grin

im quite happy wallowing in anonymity meself Smile

but yeah i would never go on a tv show for prepping, would never be portrayed right, unless i made it!...although i would go on telly showcasing other skills or doing other stuff, but prepping is too important Tongue
thats why OPSEC is so important!Big Grin

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 August 2012, 20:37,
I posted a link to stream all the episodes in another thread last week.

Here it is again: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/inter...son_1.html

I've watched them all now and think for the most part it is very well done and in a way that preppers will be reasonably happy about ie. it doesn't make the people out to be insane, it uses "survival experts" to assess their level of preparedness including food stocks, weapons, bug out plan etc. etc. rates them out of 100 and even gives them ways to improve. I also picked up a surprising amount of nuggets of wisdom, ideas for my own preps etc.
Overall it's just must watch TV for preppers of any level IMO, reasonably educational for preppers and sheeple alike and surprisingly entertaining