Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UV5r group buy / discount
8 November 2012, 10:52,
RE: UV5r group buy / discount
I will go for two, but I cannot place an order til a friend has been and bought my CB first, I dare not spend money i have not got so if you get the 15 before I sell the CB just do it without me, I'm joining in because the deal is good but radios are low priority for me now so I have to wait until the other one has gone first. Sorry if thats bothersome.
NR

8 November 2012, 10:53,
Just to add, these are brilliant little radios. Hugely useful. The built in FM receiver and surprisingly bright flashlight are also very handy additions.

I'm back in for this one LS! Can't find one cheaper anywhere, and the UV5R+ looks very nice indeed. States 4W on the blurb though, which is surprising as the old UV5R is 5W?!Huh
8 November 2012, 10:56,
BM

I think they are 4W on UHF and 5W on VHF
73 de
OSR

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government ~ Thomas Paine
8 November 2012, 11:54,
(8 November 2012, 10:53)BeardyMan Wrote: Just to add, these are brilliant little radios. Hugely useful. The built in FM receiver and surprisingly bright flashlight are also very handy additions.

I'm back in for this one LS! Can't find one cheaper anywhere, and the UV5R+ looks very nice indeed. States 4W on the blurb though, which is surprising as the old UV5R is 5W?!Huh

Cheers for the feedback BM,

Like Gary5, I thought they were 1w low poweron bi=oth bands and switchable to High power of 4w UHF and 5w VHF

That makes sense as output transistors tend to be more efficient at lower frequencies.

No reviews I've seen mention any reduction in power between th two models.

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 November 2012, 20:34,
Power outputs will vary on whichever quotes you have read. At the battery housing the radio plate has a 'less than or equal to' sign followed by 5W.

So expect anything from 1W upwards to 5W depending on battery charge state.

As I said before the addition of the wee LED light was a surprise - it is actually useful , and the FM broadcast band is also loud and clear.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.