Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble brewing?
16 August 2012, 10:57,
RE: Trouble brewing?
i just dont think TPTB will order Plod to arrest this person INSIDE an embassy...it will cause too much of an international incident, but i still think they could arrest him on the way to the airport IF he is given asylum, what happens if he dosent get asylum is another matter, its not just about this embassy, if plod enters(the embassy) to arrest someone this would set a president and would have ALL embassy's up in arms.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 August 2012, 12:47,
Special relationship once again I'm thinking.
The US tells to wag our tail, and we being the faithful little lapdog delivers.
Just imagine what would happen if they did though.
It's going to set one hell of a precedent.

Imagine if every foreign country waltzed into every British Embassy or Consulate using the precedent of "you did it so it must be OK" ON A DAILY BASIS.
What price the special relationship then.

Tory diplomatic logic.
Bend over for the US, act on their wishes, and deal with the generated poo later.

16 August 2012, 13:24,
Team America World Police - UK Branch...
16 August 2012, 14:25,
the embassy has granted Assange asylum, so lets see what happens now??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 August 2012, 14:35,
(16 August 2012, 14:25)bigpaul Wrote: the embassy has granted Assange asylum, so lets see what happens now??

Well I though with diplomatic immunity and a private chartered flight it'd be incredibly simple for the Ecuadorians to get him out of the country. I don't think that the UK gov will try to nab him. We want to send him to Sweden, they want to send (sell?) him to the USA. They want to kill him - he'd be facing the death penalty.

Bit of an update on Bradley Manning too: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug...sfeed=true

Hopefully they'll manage to get him out of country and somewhere safe. Although I don't think South America would be a good place to start hiding...
16 August 2012, 17:16,
He could always try Lincolnshire. Whats one more illegal here, it's a bit county.
16 August 2012, 19:37,
assange is a huge figure, if england does indeed raid the embassy, not only will they have different political tensions between countries, but they will have a large chunk of the public very very angry Tongue
16 August 2012, 20:34,
Britain is furious that he has been granted asylum.....I'm not mad...I laughed and said "In yer face Britain" One up for another country for a change !
16 August 2012, 21:02,
(16 August 2012, 20:34)Prepaday Wrote: Britain is furious that he has been granted asylum.....I'm not mad...I laughed and said "In yer face Britain" One up for another country for a change !

hahaha in yer face indeed! always been a supporter of assange myself Smile
17 August 2012, 10:39,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19292323