Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling Down.
17 August 2012, 18:31,
RE: Feeling Down.
Empathise with ya mate , 100% , only free cash I seem to have these days is by doing PC repairs too , only its cash up front for me.

Yeah - it really rips my knitting when I hear of decent law-abiding citizens who've worked damn hard all their lives - only to be stabbed in the back by TPTB in what should be slipper time for most....and I get REALLY annoyed when I see India / Pakistan ( insert former colony or 3rd world nation here ) - that we're giving £800M in aid to - bleating on about their new nuclear reactors / space program / homegrown jet fighter....we should be more worried about our own than some who would twist the knife the second our backs are turned.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
17 August 2012, 19:28,
(17 August 2012, 18:31)The Local Ned Wrote: Empathise with ya mate , 100% , only free cash I seem to have these days is by doing PC repairs too , only its cash up front for me.

Yeah - it really rips my knitting when I hear of decent law-abiding citizens who've worked damn hard all their lives - only to be stabbed in the back by TPTB in what should be slipper time for most....and I get REALLY annoyed when I see India / Pakistan ( insert former colony or 3rd world nation here ) - that we're giving £800M in aid to - bleating on about their new nuclear reactors / space program / homegrown jet fighter....we should be more worried about our own than some who would twist the knife the second our backs are turned.

i no thats taking the pissAngry
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 August 2012, 20:33,
So remember that the big three political parties only want to abuse and use you and vote for somewone else.

18 August 2012, 10:05,
There's a hell of a lot of suffering and people living on the edge going on in this country right now.
THIS is how SHTF is going to look in 21st century western world. There is no "one day it's fine, tomorrow the world goes nuts", it's just a gradual slip into poverty for the masses as the cost of living rises faster than wages increase. Riots will become more common but fractured and swept under the carpet, accepted as an inevitability in certain areas like is happening in France and has been for a while.
Increases in cost of living, unemployment, crime, dependance on the state and STILL leaving the immigration floodgates open... take a look through history and see where this usually ends...

I've thankfully just got a new job and live pretty frugally but trying to support my family on little better than minimum wage 47.5 hrs/week will still leave us living paycheck to paycheck, and the only way to gain some security is prepping, but prepping costs money too!

I wish everyone the best of luck during these hard times, but I can see them getting a lot worse
18 August 2012, 11:31,
Its going to get far far worse before it gets better, EG Greces debt has actually increased over the last 6 months not decreased, the whole european economic system is et to collapse.

18 August 2012, 11:36,
(18 August 2012, 10:05)HunterNurturer Wrote: There's a hell of a lot of suffering and people living on the edge going on in this country right now.
THIS is how SHTF is going to look in 21st century western world. There is no "one day it's fine, tomorrow the world goes nuts", it's just a gradual slip into poverty for the masses as the cost of living rises faster than wages increase. Riots will become more common but fractured and swept under the carpet, accepted as an inevitability in certain areas like is happening in France and has been for a while.
Increases in cost of living, unemployment, crime, dependance on the state and STILL leaving the immigration floodgates open... take a look through history and see where this usually ends...

I've thankfully just got a new job and live pretty frugally but trying to support my family on little better than minimum wage 47.5 hrs/week will still leave us living paycheck to paycheck, and the only way to gain some security is prepping, but prepping costs money too!

I wish everyone the best of luck during these hard times, but I can see them getting a lot worse

That's the way I see it going too. I'm finding that each month is a little tighter than the previous one and constantly cutting back on things we spend money on, meanwhile prices are rising like crazy all around us.

A family day out could easily blow away a hundred quid plus so we just don't do it any more. The grocery shopping is scarily expensive.

Reckon we will see some big events, the usual excuse for tpb to clamp down on us but not expecting any teotwawki events so looking more at bugging in than bugging out though preparing for either.

Feel you pain Paul, wish I had some answers Sad