Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Herbal Medicine
5 September 2011, 14:20,
RE: Herbal Medicine
Invirus should read in virus. Atomic burns are burns that affect a person who is standing outside when an atomic exposion occurs. Get the victim inside as quicly as possible and apply aloe vera gel as quickly as possible. Get your patient to ingest a Potassium Iodate tablet immediately and dose thereafter according to directions on the bottle. Depending on the directions on the bottle doses will differ according to the quantity of Pottasium iodate in each tablet. Pottasium iodate will fill the thyroid gland with normal Iodine. This will prevent the absorption of Radioactive Iodine.
Kenneth Eames.
8 September 2011, 00:58,
anythink for stress and to stay calm
would help?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 September 2011, 06:05,
Post number three gave a good formula for stress and calmness. There are many herbs that you can use, there is St. John's Wort, Passion flower, Balm (Gentle action), Black Cohosh, German Chamomile, Damiana, Ginkgo biloba, Motherwort, Hops, Siberian Ginseng, Oats plus Oat straw (you can purchase these as Avena sativa tincture) Skullcap and Valerian. Many more herbs for this complaint but you should be able to obtain at least one of these at a local chemist. Make a tea of the herb, one teaspoonful of the herb to a cup of boiling water, allow to cool and drink. Take three cupfulls daily. List is alphabetical. I hope you obtain your herb of choice. Kenneth Eames.
8 September 2011, 10:18,
many thanks i will try them
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 September 2011, 12:15,
(8 September 2011, 10:18)grumpy old man Wrote: many thanks i will try them

Let us know how it goes.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 September 2011, 04:59,
In the distillation section of the forum Skean Dhude writes on how to produce Vodka. If you use vodka for making herbal medicines you will require different percentages of spirit. To make tinctures of Gum Olibanum and Gum Myrrh you will require a 95% alcohol. There are other lower percentages required for other tinctures. I will eventually give lists of herbs with alcoholic percentages required to extract the virtues from the herbs. Kenneth Eames.
13 September 2011, 09:32,
(13 September 2011, 04:59)Kenneth Eames Wrote: ... you will require a 95% alcohol.

How do you work out the %. The method I described doesn't measure that.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 September 2011, 15:44,
To work out the percentage of alcohol in the distilate you will require a Soirit hydrometer or an alcoholometer. These can be purchased and often come with instructions on how to use them. I will endeavour to find time to write an article on distilation. It will require a great deal of thought, as the only time I distiled was when I was at school in the school laboratory. Kenneth Eames.
9 November 2011, 15:35,
In the article on Staphylococcus I mention Garlic as an anti-biotic. Here is how to make garlic syrup. Peel 1Lb. of garlic; mince and place in a large jar. Mix equal parts of vinegar and distilled water and pour upon the garlic to just cover it. Shake well and let stand for at least 7 days, longer if possible. Strain, and add an equal amount of hot syrup. Stir and shake well. Seal tightly and keep in the cool. The dose is a tablespoonful, four times a day. For septic wounds, etc, apply on a sterile cloth and cover. Kenneth Eames.
10 November 2011, 14:24,
Kenneth,
When you say "syrup" are you referring to a sugar base or honey base. I assume you prepare it over heat until no more sugar / honey can be dissolved into the water - is that right?
Brian
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't