Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Herbal Medicine
10 November 2011, 15:24,
RE: Herbal Medicine
Hello Brian, Yes the syrup is poured on the garlic/water/vinegar mix, preferably honey syrup, although many people prefer sugar syrup. The syrup is generally made seperately, and stored in large bottles. This is how herbalists do it. It is generally added cold or warmed. However, for the layman, they would normally make the syrup and pour it upon hot. When in the South of England I stored syrup in a gallon bottle for when it was required. Now that I am retired I would prepare syrup as required in small quantities. Herbal wholesalers used to supply sugar syrup in Bottles. I do not know of any wholesaler now that supplies it. Kenneth Eames.
11 November 2011, 06:48,
Oil of Garlic. Mince a half-pound of garlic and pour over sufficient olive oil to cover. Shake well and stand for 7 days or more, in a warm place. Strain, bottle and keep cool. In ulcerated stomach take one dessertspoonful 4 times a day. For earache place 4 or 5 drops within the ear. Insert a small plug of cotton wool. For chapped hands and skin diseases rub in a small quantity of the oil. In athlete's foot, wash the feet and dry well, apply the oil 3 or 4 times a day. To hide the smell of the oil, a few drops of the oil of anise, cinnamon, ginger, etc., may be added. Kenneth Eames.
18 March 2012, 09:39,
http://www.ZipVit.co.uk highly recommended, we use this company a lot, stuff is usually delivered within 48 hours!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 March 2012, 10:40,
(8 September 2011, 00:58)grumpy old man Wrote: anythink for stress and to stay calm
would help?

There's a very good herb for that Wink
21 March 2012, 11:17,
Some thing I must plant is Camomile, the tea is calming and it's a good healer as is Lavender I make a spray with oil and spray over my bed it helps me sleep but I'm sure Kenneth will know more.
31 March 2012, 15:57,
Hello BP, Thank you for the Zipvit address. 00111001 earlier post for herbs for stress. Prep Girl, Do plant Chamomile its a valuable herb and excellent for children. Great for infants teething and for inducing sleep. Kenneth Eames.
31 March 2012, 16:45,
I've just realised, I have a herbal uses book somewhere back in Warrington.

When everything is sorted out with the fuel strike-panic-stupidity, I'll come up and pick up a load of SAS books, as well as my permaculture and herbal books. What a weird mix of books hu? Like a soldier, but with flowers haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 May 2012, 22:43,
I have found this site but never used it. It is called herbal remedies.

The address is http://www.herbalremedies.com/

and thought it might be of use to those of you who are far more knowledgeable than I. (I still have so much to learn).

Hopefully it might help. Smile
3 June 2012, 15:21,
Thank you for this Clare. I've had a quick look and it has some good info. There are many useful sites and I will continue the herb series when I can find a way to send attachments to SD. Keep studying. Kenneth Eames.
3 June 2012, 17:36,
Was reading up on teas and came across this site, not read it all but it seemed it might fit in with this thread.

http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/DrGary123/H...edies.html
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ