Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Herbal Medicine
10 June 2012, 06:17,
RE: Herbal Medicine
Thank you W&C for this. There are other sites on the web similar to this. Many of them vary in their treatments but, there are many variables in treatment as any physician will tell you. Many of these are folk remedies handed down from generation to generation. They don't always work for people. That is why in alternative healing a prescription is carefully constructed to deal with the patients complaint. Kenneth Eames.
13 June 2012, 14:13,
Can I just thank you from the bottom of my heart for your fantastic posts and advice. I have only just started to become interested and learn about this subject - and have been almost overwhelmed by the conflicting advice from various sites. It is SOOOO good to be able to come here - read and digest and learn from you.

Thank you.
13 June 2012, 16:19,
Hello Wolfpup, I have more material but at present am unable to send it to Skean. When I can sort out my attachments I will mail them. However, my ability to master the computer is very poor. I am very sorry about this. Kenneth Eames.
13 June 2012, 21:20,
(13 June 2012, 16:19)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Hello Wolfpup, I have more material but at present am unable to send it to Skean. When I can sort out my attachments I will mail them. However, my ability to master the computer is very poor. I am very sorry about this. Kenneth Eames.

If there is anything I can do to help I will gladly do so. I taught IT at college level for the last 11 eleven years - mostly Microsoft applications though - totally useless at anything 'webby'

14 June 2012, 04:06,
Thank you for this Wolfpup, I live in Scotland, probably far away from you, so sorting such problems is not possible. However, I am still working on lessons, etc.. When I am able too, I will send all herbal lessons, etc., to Skean and he can add them to the site as and when he wishes. In the meantime I shall continue to find a solution to my problem. Kenneth Eames.
6 January 2013, 12:12,
Bugle. Ajuga repens. Bugle is a member of the mint family. Part Used: The whole herb, gathered in May and early June, when their leaves are at their best. They are then dried. Medicinal Action. Bitter, Astringent, Aromatic. Because of its Diuretic properties, Bugle is useful in removing excess fluid from the body and thus improving circulation. It is used for killing pain and especially for female complaints. In herbal medicine, an infusion of this plant is still considered very useful in arresting haemorrhages and is employed in coughs and spitting of blood in incipient consumption. It is also useful in some biliary disorders, a wineglassful of the infusion made from25gms of herbto one litre of boiling water, being given frequently. In its action, itrather resembles, digitalis, lowering the pulse and lessening its frequency. It can calm anxiety symptoms, including heart palpitations. It has long been recognised as a cardiac tonic and can actually slow a rapid heart beat. It allays irritation and cough, and equalises the circulation and has been termed 'one of the mildest and best narcotics in the world'. It has also been considered good for the bad effects of excessive drinking. The roots have been considered more astringent than the rest of the plant. Kenneth Eames.
6 January 2013, 12:27,
Ken,

Thanks for this but that is going to get lost on this thread. Can we post the recipes on the main site?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2013, 18:48,
Adolf Hitler was a Valerian addict,apparently...
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
6 January 2013, 19:00,
Hello Obongo pox, It is quite possible he was. Although it was probably good for him as a relaxent it is also possible that after long use, he would have had problems from being too relaxed and not very attentive to what was happening around him. Kenneth Eames.
6 January 2013, 22:00,
Even though it grows wild along the canals and I recognize and would probably be able to process it into something useable,I think I will try to source some commercial valerian pills for comparative purposes prior to making my own.Perforate St John's Wort hereabouts,too.Weird red pigmentation in leaves.I definitely plan to start experimenting with Valerian for my own severe,social neuroses.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.