Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I vomit?
19 August 2012, 17:34,
RE: Will I vomit?
(19 August 2012, 13:27)Hrusai Wrote:
(19 August 2012, 13:15)Prepaday Wrote: Don't know if I should mention it or not...One of the guys shot a fox...He said it's legal and the farmers would thank him as they eat chickens.
He also said, the fox would eat the rabbits he was hunting.
My question is....If the fox eats the rabbits, surely that's good for the farmers, no rabbits, no chomped crops? Why do folk hunt foxes if the fox keeps the rabbit population down?

because they are a nuisance and eat livestock like chickens and tend to chew and break things, also if you shoot 1 fox it makes room for another fox so its fairly pointless trying to control the population, foxes also occasionally kill new born lambs which is definitely a nuisance

also it is legal there are only 2 methods of fox control that is legal;

1. Shooting (with (a) rifle or (b) shotgun);
2. Trapping (with legal snares or live cage traps).

Terriers may also be used to flush foxes from below ground to be shot but only to protect game birds that are being preserved to be shot.

hope that helps Smile

yep wot he saidBig Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 August 2012, 17:38,
(19 August 2012, 17:34)Barneyboy Wrote:
(19 August 2012, 13:27)Hrusai Wrote:
(19 August 2012, 13:15)Prepaday Wrote: Don't know if I should mention it or not...One of the guys shot a fox...He said it's legal and the farmers would thank him as they eat chickens.
He also said, the fox would eat the rabbits he was hunting.
My question is....If the fox eats the rabbits, surely that's good for the farmers, no rabbits, no chomped crops? Why do folk hunt foxes if the fox keeps the rabbit population down?

because they are a nuisance and eat livestock like chickens and tend to chew and break things, also if you shoot 1 fox it makes room for another fox so its fairly pointless trying to control the population, foxes also occasionally kill new born lambs which is definitely a nuisance

also it is legal there are only 2 methods of fox control that is legal;

1. Shooting (with (a) rifle or (b) shotgun);
2. Trapping (with legal snares or live cage traps).

Terriers may also be used to flush foxes from below ground to be shot but only to protect game birds that are being preserved to be shot.

hope that helps Smile

yep wot he saidBig Grin
i second thatBig Grin seen a few mangy ones when we lived in Somerset, quite a few round here end up as roadkill.

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2012, 17:53,
Fox fur would be kinda handy? Nice and warm..made into a hat or sumat? Seemed a waste to leave it lying there Sad At least the rabbits that were killed were going to be eaten Sad
19 August 2012, 18:08,
yeah, depends how and where the car hits the animal, sometimes nothing is salvageable...which is a shame....saw a dead deer on the side of the road on the way to the Wilderness Gathering but it was an old carcass...very old..not much left of it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2012, 18:18,
nought wrong with a bit o road kill stew Big Grin

but if the guy shot it and left it there i would took it home, read a little on curing and make yourself (or as its a first attempt, try to make) a nice fur Big Grin then you could sew it into a hat or w/e Smile

in my eyes if your gonna shoot something, even if its not good to eat, at least take it and use its fur and its bones for things, could make some nice arrow heads from the bone, some lothes from the fur, no sense wasting it Big Grin
19 August 2012, 18:42,
no stalker would leave a carcass on purpose and be carefull if a vet was called out to put a injured deer down after a rta he may have stuck a needle in it with god no's wot in 'there are people who have had lucky escapes one bloke gave some raw meat to his dog while he was skinning it the dog dropped dead in front of him vet had put it down
they are picked up after the vet has been by someone else and disposed of

b/d
19 August 2012, 19:34,
(19 August 2012, 18:18)Hrusai Wrote: nought wrong with a bit o road kill stew Big Grin

but if the guy shot it and left it there i would took it home, read a little on curing and make yourself (or as its a first attempt, try to make) a nice fur Big Grin then you could sew it into a hat or w/e Smile

in my eyes if your gonna shoot something, even if its not good to eat, at least take it and use its fur and its bones for things, could make some nice arrow heads from the bone, some lothes from the fur, no sense wasting it Big Grin

yeah but them foxs really stink wood not get the smell out of you car for days
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 August 2012, 23:31,
Fox meat stinks,so im told ive never eaten one.