Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I vomit?
17 August 2012, 13:28,
Will I vomit?
Decided to go hunting today,, My first time ever, An experienced friend is taking me, If I kill anything I must eat it, it's only fair.
So killing, plucking,skinning is on the agenda for tonight. I am sqeemish but understand that I have to grow a set if I want to survive !
There is part of me that thinks I will either wimp out or vomit when it comes to dissection...How will I get on?
I will keep you all posted x
You all gotta realize this is a big step forward for me...wish me luck Smile
17 August 2012, 13:34,
RE: Will I vomit?
good luck for that , the first kill is the hardest just think of it as meat but make sure you get a clean kill trust in you equipment and relax when you take the shot.as for skining it dont worry about getting your hands messy get on with it let us no how it wentSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 August 2012, 13:38,
(17 August 2012, 13:28)Prepaday Wrote: Decided to go hunting today,, My first time ever, An experienced friend is taking me, If I kill anything I must eat it, it's only fair.
So killing, plucking,skinning is on the agenda for tonight. I am sqeemish but understand that I have to grow a set if I want to survive !
There is part of me that thinks I will either wimp out or vomit when it comes to dissection...How will I get on?
I will keep you all posted x
You all gotta realize this is a big step forward for me...wish me luck Smile

simply, its just meat, im sure you've cooked plenty of times before, this aint no different, only a few steps before having washed off the meat, just a bit rawer Smile

if you feel queasy just close your eyes for a second and compose your self, deep breaths in your mouth out your nose, 2 or 3, open your eyes and carry on, its gotta be done, and the quicker you get it done, the less time you'll spend having to do it Smile

hope that helps Big Grin...but im sure you'll be fine, aint nothing to it! ofc i grew up with 9 cats so animals guts aint nothin to me xD i've stepped in enough spleens and half eaten birds, frogs, moles, rabbits and mice xD...and i've had my entire arm inside a freshly killed dear Big Grin

but basically if you can gut a fish, killing and gutting an animal aint gonna be any harder!

just take your time with it, and make sure you get a clean kill, better 1 clean kill than 5 messy ones Smile

oh and most of all, good luck, have fun, and enjoy your first hunting experience Big Grin im sure you'll enjoy it! XX
17 August 2012, 13:41,
Have fun.
17 August 2012, 15:23,
I killed my first animal the other day. It was a pigeon, and though it was dead, I still wrung it's neck. In my inexperience, I accidentally pulled its head off!
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
17 August 2012, 17:09,
(17 August 2012, 15:23)Tibbs735 Wrote: I killed my first animal the other day. It was a pigeon, and though it was dead, I still wrung it's neck. In my inexperience, I accidentally pulled its head off!

yeah that happens some times its not inexperience
17 August 2012, 17:26,
(17 August 2012, 15:23)Tibbs735 Wrote: I killed my first animal the other day. It was a pigeon, and though it was dead, I still wrung it's neck. In my inexperience, I accidentally pulled its head off!

My first kill for food was a rabbit, I killed it then it got up and ran off beat that.

For info my non-food kills were rats.
17 August 2012, 19:08,
Awe Gawd, I didn't know you could pull a birds head of...Never mind vomit, think I may pass out lol
17 August 2012, 19:26,
(17 August 2012, 19:08)Prepaday Wrote: Awe Gawd, I didn't know you could pull a birds head of...Never mind vomit, think I may pass out lol

you will be fine ,if you do pull it head off it will be very dead so job doneSmile
17 August 2012, 19:53, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2012, 19:54 by Hrusai.)
cant get more dead than headless....well although there was one chicken who survived without a head for years xD...died from kidney failure in the end i think lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

http://www.chickflickthefilm.com/photos.htm

now thats one hardcore chicken!