Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sumat fishy
21 August 2012, 19:16,
RE: Sumat fishy
(21 August 2012, 18:34)Prepaday Wrote: Snares or traps for fishing? enlighten me Smile

Wicker fish dams and wicker fish baskets with conical entrance that fish can swim into, but the wicker twigs point the wrong way for the fishy to swim back out of, very popular in the fens for catching eels. you bait em with something stinky and rancid, the dam encloses a small stretch of stream, the basket is about 3 foot long by 18 inches wide, also words for crayfish.

21 August 2012, 23:27,
post shtf I'll probably make a gil net

@bigpaul you obviously know more about fishing legalitys than me but from what I've heard isn't it legal to fish in a river without a license if its marked as tidal on the map as I was told you don't need a license to fish in tidal areas? (other than fishing boats lol)... Could be wrong just something I was told by an exes brother
22 August 2012, 08:34,
(21 August 2012, 23:27)Ukprepper88 Wrote: post shtf I'll probably make a gil net

@bigpaul you obviously know more about fishing legalitys than me but from what I've heard isn't it legal to fish in a river without a license if its marked as tidal on the map as I was told you don't need a license to fish in tidal areas? (other than fishing boats lol)... Could be wrong just something I was told by an exes brother

No license required to fish tidal waters, this is viewed by TPTB as 'sea fishing'.
22 August 2012, 09:54,
yoyo reels can also be used on a snare to grab yourself a bunny or two. Keeps 'em out the way of any hungry critters too
22 August 2012, 11:11,
(21 August 2012, 23:27)Ukprepper88 Wrote: post shtf I'll probably make a gil net

correct...i was referring to fresh water rivers, not that i know much about it, but i do know you need a licence to fish in fresh water, all my fishing was done in sea water.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.