Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk ration books?
20 August 2012, 10:46,
uk ration books?
just read this on another site that ration books have been printed (here in the UK). No identification for which country they are for but apparently they are in English., i dont know if its just a wind up or real ! but its not just prepper sites talking about it! article

house price crash site

UK Column Discussion site

another site
20 August 2012, 11:27,
RE: uk ration books?
Doesnt ring quite true as IIRC Civil defence ration books were ordered and stockpiled in the 80s and they aint been used yet?, and I cannot see why we would reorder them again, especially from Eire or Swden as again IIRC they were last printed with security tags in the UK?

20 August 2012, 11:31,
Nothing wrong with a good ol bit of scare mongering Smile
Keeps us preppers on our toes !
20 August 2012, 11:34,
Did a bit of digging UK Govt did ordered FUEL ration books around the time of the 2000 fuel protests and may have ordered more.

20 August 2012, 11:44,
might have something to with that NR , there was the threat of the tanker strike and now the threat that Israel might attack Iran fuel could be a major issue
20 August 2012, 12:46,
What made me fink it was more to do with fuel rather than grub was the fact that the UK no longer keeps a strategic reserve of food or fuel for the civiliation population. Indeed our arseholes in charge wont even keep the 90 days war stocks of fuel hidden safely that every other NATO nation does, indeed they just told refineries to keep 90days reserves in their refiney system.

As food food reserve for civvies there isnt any so ration books would be pointless.