Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEADLINE STORY Daily Mail Today SURVIVALISTS
23 August 2012, 13:41,
RE: HEADLINE STORY Daily Mail Today SURVIVALISTS
(23 August 2012, 13:30)bigpaul Wrote: hang on a minute! dosent anyone else smell a rat?? wasnt there a "filmaker Naomi" doing the rounds a few months ago trying to find preppers who would be filmed?? or am i just naturally suspicious??Big Grin

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/naomi-banat/19/363/424
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 13:46,
i am still suspicious....anytime anyone says they are a film maker in anything remotely linked to survivalism....cos their all as bad as each other...even if it isnt the same Naomi!(bit of a coincidence..both being Naomi??)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2012, 13:55,
nah different naomis ^^ different places, companies, names, looks Tongue

well who knows if this couple are genuine, they sure aint filmin me tho xD
23 August 2012, 14:00,
(23 August 2012, 13:55)Hrusai Wrote: nah different naomis ^^ different places, companies, names, looks Tongue

no serious prepper would be filmed, too careful of their OPSEC, course there are plenty of armchair "preppers" only too happy to have their "15 minutes of fame"!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2012, 14:19,
At least they're not posing with .22 rifles, wearing a comically serious face, like those other idiots with no OPSEC
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
23 August 2012, 14:38, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2012, 14:39 by NorthernRaider.)
(23 August 2012, 14:19)Tibbs735 Wrote: At least they're not posing with .22 rifles, wearing a comically serious face, like those other idiots with no OPSEC

Or wearing bloody ridiculous T shirts with PREPPER and their URL emblazoned for all to see Smile
Well they are already keeping a running blog so a video would be a good commercial venture cos like it or not theres other preppers around with an eye on boats looking for useful tips and info.

23 August 2012, 15:34,
(23 August 2012, 14:00)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 August 2012, 13:55)Hrusai Wrote: nah different naomis ^^ different places, companies, names, looks Tongue

no serious prepper would be filmed, too careful of their OPSEC, course there are plenty of armchair "preppers" only too happy to have their "15 minutes of fame"!Big Grin

No serious prepper would be a member of a forum like this, no serious prepper would post about their preps, weaps, foods, numbers, plans, location, views, identification tags, the list goes on, we are all guilty here, what should we do, not have a life and maybe hide under a rock waiting for something bad to happen as life passes by.

OPSEC now unless you all are adding misdirection to your posts then I say this forum does not allow you to OPSEC, the truth is we come here as a place to chat and talk about a hobby we share an interest in, it’s called prepping, anyone can read what we say and I am sure they do.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 15:51,
there is 1 thing coming on a forum having a chat with like minded people...but at the end its all a "Virtual" world...until we meet at a RV none of us knows what the others look like, its completely another thing putting your whole life on film for ALL to see!
23 August 2012, 16:29,
amen to that BP

ditto to nemesis Smile

personally alot of what i say is true, but not everything Big Grin

and my views on prepping are that its good to be prepared, but not to the extent that it totally takes over your life, whats the point of preparing for the future if your missing out on today?...prepping is a hobby, albeit an exceptionally useful hobby with many bonus's, but a hobby nonetheless, and we are essentially a big hobby group!
23 August 2012, 16:37, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2012, 16:48 by bigpaul.)
aint that the truth? and a hobby is what it will stay, albeit a serious hobby-well in my case it is, until and unless TSHTF then it becomes real life!
anyway, back to the main thread, if you really were a survivalist, worried about the state of things would you really go to a rag like the Daily Mail or any newspaper come to that, and tell all...with photos..?