Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
related to the mail story today... [boating preppers]
23 August 2012, 18:02, (This post was last modified: 25 August 2012, 02:15 by Skvez.)
related to the mail story today... [boating preppers]
With regard to the boating preppers in the mail today.
In the article was mention of this group who are supposed to train in old time martial arts, sword fighting techniques etc.
May give them a ring or email to find out if its to good to be true or not, but
if they do do training in sword fighting, that may be of great use to us no??

The British Federation for Historical Swordplay
http://thebfhs.org.uk/home
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
23 August 2012, 18:15,
RE: related to the mail story today...
Wor kid does fencing. I dont seal duels being a big issue in the future. I think any one could hack n slash with blades/swords. But that doesnt mean it wouldnt be a fun thing to practice.
23 August 2012, 18:30,
P1 by gum you have found something useful there, think about it we already train to handle guns, most of us practise archery in one form or another, Swordsmanship could be another very valuable skill set. We did some epee and rapier stuff at a PGL camp two years ago but that was really sport fencing.

Got visions of SD with a pile of 4x4 fencing posts and a length of barbed wire trying to work out what the F*** we are going on about

23 August 2012, 21:08,
Funny you say that but the laugh is on you, it is 2x2
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 August 2012, 05:56,
i remember the c4 program Weapons That Made Britain , Mike Loades that presented is an expert in all the medieval weapons and trains people in there use for tv and film , think he also trains the people at the royal armouries too , but he called what he does the european martial art , its as deadly as any other if trained correctly , watching him you can see why , there are videos on you tube