Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathews Mission Craze
23 August 2012, 21:32,
Mathews Mission Craze
Since we had some bow talk of late it got me looking for a small bow that packs a punch, I looked around the net and YouTube and then I came across a video of a young boy shooting a deer with his father, the boy was 8 and pulling a compound bow to hunt deer, that got me interested and I managed to find out the name of the bow that was used.

The Bow For Everyone: Mathews Mission Craze.

The all-new Craze is a grand slam in bow design. No other bow on the market can brag over 40 lbs. of weight adjustment. This bow truly lives up to the hype of its name with parallel limbs, a highly-adjustable dual-cam system, a compact riser and a mere 3.6 pound of mass weight. Dig into the stats, and you’ll be even more impressed: up to 70 lbs of power, 80% let off and an ample 306 fps…

[Image: zv7cr4.jpg]

[Image: 634549732222015499nh25uylo.jpg]

Read This Review.

http://www.potshot.co.za/General/shootin...craze.html

I have been to so many Hunters forums and reading what the yanks are saying about this bow and many rate it quite high, in fact many seasoned hunters are swapping over from their main bow to this due to the small size.

I found a seller in UK £250 it’s not cheap I understand but for what it is I consider it cheap, it is a lot of bow that ticks many boxes, well for me anyway.

This video gives an idea as to the size:

Random Video:

That’s about it, note the draw weight and draw length, and size 28 inch.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 22:08,
RE: Mathews Mission Craze
Very nice but to expensive and to complicated for my needs, I can buy 5 disposable Banshees for the cost of one mission craze. But a neat compact bow none the less.

23 August 2012, 22:35,
The banshee has a big brother that looks very much like that for £120ish (I think) Looks very nice
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 August 2012, 22:51,
(23 August 2012, 22:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: The banshee has a big brother that looks very much like that for £120ish (I think) Looks very nice

http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-uk/d4...pment.html

Yes looked at them all, almost bought the Barnett Vortex compound bow kit, but I read up on them and changed my mind, not that is was bad mind, just the Craze is another level, for bit more money.

24 August 2012, 08:41,
i had a look at some compound bows at the WG, but i find they are a great big thick lump to hold and fire, thats why i have gone for a traditional bow, much easier to handle and simple in its design.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2012, 09:40,
I must admit the information provided by nemesis and SD plus the videos and chances to examine their bows has certainly helped me decided to include compound bows in my families BOBs, some of the beasties are quite powerful in very small packages which in many cases with allow them to be used from sitting and kneeling positions and from inside vehicles.

28 August 2012, 04:23,
QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter

This seems to be the one to get, not able to find UK seller yet, but still looking.

[Image: qad-hunter-large.jpg]

Review:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/products/re...review.htm

28 August 2012, 13:46,
Anyone else think today's modern bows are getting too complicated?
Cams (single, hybrid, twin, binary) , guides, cable rods, cable slides, arrow rests.
Glad I've only got a simple re-curve. Less to go wrong.

One thing that has always interested me though.
In the field, how do you compound owners change a frayed or broken string or bus cable?
28 August 2012, 14:32,
(28 August 2012, 13:46)Paul Wrote: Anyone else think today's modern bows are getting too complicated?
Cams (single, hybrid, twin, binary) , guides, cable rods, cable slides, arrow rests.

In the field, how do you compound owners change a frayed or broken string or bus cable?

Yes thats why SD, Nemasis and myself started the thread searching for a basic reliable, budget compound bow such as the Banshee, Vortex etc

28 August 2012, 15:15,
I will let you know when it arrives Paul, as I have just been told it is set at 70lb in the box, so I am going to have to adjust it down myself.

I do have recurve’s as well Paul, I have bamboo bows and an old raven recurve bow, I find them to be to big.

The older you get you might want to consider the lite draw but powerful bow which will be a compound, if you have injury again compound will give you the power with very little strain on said injury.

I do see your point and agree basic is best, but I am doing best of both worlds old and new.

(28 August 2012, 13:46)Paul Wrote: Anyone else think today's modern bows are getting too complicated?