Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY CrossBow Bolt
12 August 2012, 20:06, (This post was last modified: 13 August 2012, 04:04 by Nemesis.)
DIY CrossBow Bolt
I said after the workshop was built I would start making a few videos, one of them showing the Tent Crossbow "poles" bolts being made.

Due to Hrusai comment below, (thanks) I want to add this warning:

These are made from the carbon poles you get in many tents, but I am using ex-military stock and would like to add they may be of better quality than your average tent rod, so please be careful because weak rods can explode in a good crossbow and cause great injury to yourself.

12 August 2012, 21:01, (This post was last modified: 12 August 2012, 21:28 by Nemesis.)
RE: DIY CrossBow Bolt

cool vid nemesis Big Grin

how do those poles stand up to impact though? i would've thought they'd be too brittle myself Tongue
12 August 2012, 21:35,
My main crossbow would shatter these before they left the bow if they were not up for the task.

The testing of the bolts (other batch) was done a few months back Hrusai and posted on the forum, only at that time I said I would be making a video on how I went about making them, at the same time I was thinking of building a workshop and that kind of got in the way things, so long story short these bolts will not break on impact.

More vids to follow.
12 August 2012, 21:38,
(12 August 2012, 21:35)Nemesis Wrote: My main crossbow would shatter these before they left the bow if they were not up for the task.

The testing of the bolts (other batch) was done a few months back Hrusai and posted on the forum, only at that time I said I would be making a video on how I went about making them, at the same time I was thinking of building a workshop and that kind of got in the way things, so long story short these bolts will not break on impact.

More vids to follow.

ah wicked! cheers for that, ill go and find the old thread Big Grin and cant wait for more vids dude Big Grin