Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made Slingshot number 2 today and modded Number one.
25 August 2012, 03:08,
Made Slingshot number 2 today and modded Number one.
I posted a pic of a slingshot I made, in a thread on the forum somewhere, it was first time making one cut from solid wood, in this instance it was a cheese board, as that was all I had laying around.

This was the pic:

[Image: ciswovpFAJC3uLCCC2Gp1m5t6.jpg]

Well today I made another and modded the one in the pic above, in order to fit my hand better:

[Image: XrY3xMuuQT0d87Vf0lHQthWKn.jpg]

[Image: EbtmcBd2N6VbIXdRTl35tHgp.jpg]

What the camera is not picking up is the width at top is thinner than the bottom.

Here is the number two I made, I regret not taking more time drilling the hole, I just rushed it sometimes I never learn, but anyway is done now.

[Image: SKyQXGCcqdO7yx7xLWSYP32li.jpg]

[Image: gA5JJXkgG4hjgOuziyU1CAvT8.jpg]

[Image: Cnsvi5zq8ZQ7m7hgrfiVlFHn.jpg]

[Image: gGrd1LoucXG3fap5mRzUWiwxN.jpg]

And now back to sling shot number one, but modded and treated.

[Image: U996sBDpZxIIpGpNuxXQ61O8.jpg]

[Image: pjBEHhfmbrZtMO9JbKEFH97M.jpg]

[Image: Ot3YUw7cLSVFiTLFA23u3WlqG.jpg]

I am enjoying making these, another skill to learn and a useful weapon to have, when you make your own you gain the benefit of being able to make to measure, which is quite handy when it comes to sling shot.

I will be making a project which will interest some of you, it is a design by the sling shot master himself Mr JoergSprave, which he has allowed others to copy and was good enough to upload the plans, it shoots arrows and is quite deadly but very small, but bear with me I need to learn the scroll saw some more.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
25 August 2012, 03:51,
RE: Made Slingshot number 2 today and modded Number one.
ah subscribed to our good lord joerg sprave huh? an absolutely amazing guy, and feckin insane! have you seen his car sized rubber powered artillery piece? its nuts! not to mention his "hand held" assegai launcher o.O

your really good at making those nemesis! especially like the modifications to the original, looks very comfortable ^^

although im not sure about the second one, whats the idea behind the design on that?

anyway love what you've done so far, cant wait to see your future projects Big Grin
25 August 2012, 04:57,
(25 August 2012, 03:51)Hrusai Wrote: although im not sure about the second one, whats the idea behind the design on that?

Good question the answer is, hand placement to offer a stable slingshot when on full pull, and not cause pain to hand, it is quite scary shooting at first as you think the ball will hit hand, but after 10 shots so far no broken hand.

[Image: YE8ZmCiMB0rqS5HVNFONiNIXf.jpg]

25 August 2012, 05:11,
(25 August 2012, 04:57)Nemesis Wrote:
(25 August 2012, 03:51)Hrusai Wrote: although im not sure about the second one, whats the idea behind the design on that?

Good question the answer is, hand placement to offer a stable slingshot when on full pull, and not cause pain to hand, it is quite scary shooting at first as you think the ball will hit hand, but after 10 shots so far no broken hand.

ooooh ok, thats really cool, ive seen that grip used before, but i dont think ive seen many/any designs that specifically cater to it as this one does, actually pretty nifty when you think about it ^^

heh lets hope you can keep on going with no hand slaps xD

whats the accuracy like then? im assuming it hards hard and has a reasonable range, how long have you been shooting with a slingshot as well, would be nice to hear a bit about how long it takes to get your aim down Smile

cheers nemesis ^^ im considering making my own slingshot now!
25 August 2012, 06:24,
This was a pattern I saw, I just made a few changes to suit as I was/did use blue asda bands which are very hard to pull, so needed something tough and with a lot of grip and biggish, I will get round to testing it this weekend as I have only done 10 shots with it so far, too late to do more, and this is first time I have used heavy blues.

Might make a video, of testing it.

http://slingshotforum.com/index.php?app=...h_id=13324
25 August 2012, 06:38,
very nice work
25 August 2012, 07:12,
(25 August 2012, 06:24)Nemesis Wrote: This was a pattern I saw, I just made a few changes to suit as I was/did use blue asda bands which are very hard to pull, so needed something tough and with a lot of grip and biggish, I will get round to testing it this weekend as I have only done 10 shots with it so far, too late to do more, and this is first time I have used heavy blues.

Might make a video, of testing it.

would love to see a video, you do some very good ones!

and asda do slingshot bands???