Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That stinks
25 August 2012, 11:16,
RE: That stinks
Thanks Tigs Smile I'm seriously thinking of buying one. Will come in handy if the leccy goes off and the reactors melt...Then again, we r all fooked if that happens Sad
25 August 2012, 11:19, (This post was last modified: 25 August 2012, 11:19 by Tigs.)
im sure there are plans to shut down reactors if they need to shut down quickly
but it could be a handy bit of kit if you have to move through tunnel sewers etc
25 August 2012, 11:21,
(25 August 2012, 10:34)Prepaday Wrote: Who in their right mind would hide in a storm drain? Me....If everyone thought eww, not going in there, I will be safe Smile
Less folk the better in my opinion, Let the outside world fight coz I will be taking nothing to do with it, I would rather hide for a month or 2 in a dirty smelly storm drain than live UP ABOVE LIVING WITH THE SMELL OF ROTTEN CORPSES !

As soon as it rains all those rotten corpses and the bits hanging off of them are going to be washed straight down the drain. I'll be heading for high ground!
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
25 August 2012, 11:25,
@A.G...EEEWWWW, Never thought of that Sad O'k, I'm now heading to the highest peak in the U'K.!
25 August 2012, 12:08,
its going to be a crowded hill !! think i will go for the second highest! lol
25 August 2012, 16:56,
Check out urban exploration site like 28days,bound to be some tunnels/drains near you
25 August 2012, 16:58,
I think storm drains were used as a method of bugging out by some characters in one of J.W.Rawle's books. They used it to ge out of the city as the streets were too dangerous due to gunfighting etc.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 August 2012, 17:02,
I'm hoping I can figure a way through them to bring me out somewhere half decent, then I can make my way on foot to somewhere suitable Smile
25 August 2012, 23:25,
If you can find access tunnels of that sort that provide you with an emergency route or temporary shelter - (not during rainfall at the location or on higher ground out of sight), then that is an excellent facility to your preps. Please be aware that many people believe and refer to gas masks as being able to preserve you from toxic gases. This is not true. If the concentration is high, then there will not be enough oxygen and you will suffocate. The same is true for a smoke filled environment or any similar instance. In those scenarios you would need a rebreather of an alternative air supply. If you do find yourself in this situation, then GTFout or have some hastily created expedient air reserve. Your life is in your hands with this one though. Safe travels, TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
26 August 2012, 05:47,
So you need to raid a diving shop after the gun shop Big Grin