Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nuts...
27 August 2012, 10:49,
nuts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo4YbUtKJQ
Hmmmmm, business idea on the way??????? or maybe a lifetimes supply for us all?
Wonder what other nuts it works for?
27 August 2012, 12:09,
RE: nuts...
love the idea but surely you have to plant them on when they are bigger or you will never get nuts!!
27 August 2012, 12:20,
Or sell the small plants at a bootsale? Wink I'm not clever by any means but I assume also that a freekin grow bag aint big enough for 1 tree never mind 60 lol.
27 August 2012, 12:29,
yeah your right have you seen the size of sweet chest nut trees ?! you could go guerrilla tree planting on unused waste land
27 August 2012, 12:34,
I think it's a great idea..in a few years time, grow and plant the baby trees all over the place, I don't think the trees cause anything that could harm other plants or the environment ? It's not dutch Elm or anything. I for one will plant a few in my garden and a few in the woods near me, I'm also contemplating growing nettles in my garden, 1 as A DEFENSE AND 2 AS A FOOD SOURCE.
27 August 2012, 12:41,
yep increase wild food in your area, and you are the only one that knows where it is , great idea
28 August 2012, 00:17,
Hazel nuts will be ready for picking soon. Great source of food, great source of building materials. Green wood working wood. Awesome.
I love making the world a beautiful friendly safe place for all; challenging oppression and respecting and embracing diversity Big Grin Heart
14 September 2012, 21:03,
bloody brilliant, guys like that bending the way we think things work, ferkin love it, reminds me of a weed grower on the net who challenged all stereotypes on how things should be done, and did it better than anyone else (also using lots of small plants instead of a few big ones to create higher yields)

which leads me to believe that this approach should work with any plants, small plants, relatively low yield per plant, but planted so densely that the yield per m^2 rises exponentially Smile

great vid!
15 September 2012, 09:14,
I heard on a permaculture documentary that the inside of hazelnuts was very similar to rice! It would be interesting to try grinding them and cooking with them.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
15 September 2012, 09:53,
you can gets hazelnut flour (meal) hazelnut meal there are several types of nut flour out there

but you can make your own making nut flour