Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Evolution
27 August 2012, 23:11,
Social Evolution
I was thinking about this the other day...
Some people have the natural instinct to plan ahead and seriously think about the future, I.E preppers. Is survivalism a form of social evolution? It's a seemingly rare trait that allows you to cope very well with a changing environment. Perhaps everyone will have this instinct in the future, after the inevitable downfall.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
28 August 2012, 06:11,
RE: Social Evolution
not sure about it being evolution , if you look back most people had skills we are having to relearn (hunting , tracking , plant identification etc) also because of the lack of refrigeration people stored preserved foods in bulk to get them over the winter months .
28 August 2012, 08:53,
my parents lived without refridgeration and supermarkets for most of their lives, we ate food that was in season, if it wasnt in season we couldnt get it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 09:34,
Same here BP it made you look forward to the coming season, with the thought of fresh strawberries and fruit. Bank holidays were special but now its just like any other day.
Failure is NOT an option
28 August 2012, 10:21, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2012, 10:26 by NorthernRaider.)
Survivalists and Preppers have a trait that our distant forefathers had but was lost in the 50s, 60s and 70s, and a distant memory for most sheeple and urbanites of today. IE Being aware of the environment and the seasons, most sheeples idea of winter is just delays getting to work cos of snow, summer is when they board a thin aluminium tube and fly to Spain or Florida to spend 2 weeks giving themselves skin cancer beside a pool. Spring is when everyone goes to B & q to buy a BBQ and to start redecoratiing and Autumn is when you send the kids back to school and start shopping for Crimbo.
So how can sheeple plan ahead when the day is when the curtains are open and night is when the curtains are closed, heck I doubt most sheeple even watch weather forcasts except to see if its going to rain at Glastonbury Festival, How many sheeple take note of grain forcasts, drought warnings, etc? Food comes from shops, not farms or seas, oil and petrol comes from pumps not holes in the ground under the sea or from the middle of a war zone?

28 August 2012, 11:07, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2012, 11:22 by bigpaul.)
if you ask a sheeple where their food comes from you get the answer "the supermarket", i once asked an assistant on a fish counter in Morrisons where their fish cames from and got the answer"Duh, the sea??"Big Grin
i think preppers will get wiser and wiser(arent we anyway-just by prepping?) and the general public/sheeple will get dumber and dumber( and rely on the govt for everything..nothing new there then!).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 12:56,
This comment will get me hate mail.

Simple genetics, prior to WW2 if you were not able to fend for yourself you died. With the introduction of the welfare state those too dozy to live were fed and kept alive and, importantly, live to breed and pass on their genes. Those who were paying kept working and reduced their offspring. Those who were paid by the kid, those on the dole, kept on pumping the unwanted kids out, not bringing them up and collecting the cash. These feral youths started breeding too until, now a large proportion of the population is made up of people who can't fend for themselves.

Evolution in action.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 August 2012, 13:07,
Looking good for the "Big Kill Off" when something happens then.
Problem is some of the more feral types will survive.
Doesn't seem fair really.
28 August 2012, 14:03,
(28 August 2012, 13:07)Paul Wrote: Looking good for the "Big Kill Off" when something happens then.
Problem is some of the more feral types will survive.
Doesn't seem fair really.

dont worry, i'm sure the ones that survive wont survive long!(in fact we'll make sure they dontTongue)
28 August 2012, 18:05,
(28 August 2012, 12:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: This comment will get me hate mail.

Simple genetics, prior to WW2 if you were not able to fend for yourself you died. With the introduction of the welfare state those too dozy to live were fed and kept alive and, importantly, live to breed and pass on their genes. Those who were paying kept working and reduced their offspring. Those who were paid by the kid, those on the dole, kept on pumping the unwanted kids out, not bringing them up and collecting the cash. These feral youths started breeding too until, now a large proportion of the population is made up of people who can't fend for themselves.

Evolution in action.

My thoughts exactly
The human race has already reached the pinnacle of our evolution and will now de-evolve as we do everything possible to counteract natural selection.

Modern medicine keeps millions of people alive every year who would otherwise die, and from a Darwinian perspective should die (as harsh as that may seem). The weakest of the human race, the least intelligent, the ones with the weakest immune systems, the least adaptable to change are all being kept alive by a modern society that will feed, clothe, house and nurse them for the rest of their unnaturally long lives without them ever having to get stronger, or fitter, or more intelligent.
Those people then live long enough to pass their shitty genes on to the next generation.

It is the nature of evolution and genetic mutation that there will always be sub-standard specimens in every generation of every species, but humans are the only species that will break it's own back to keep these specimens alive long enough to breed.

And then on the more social side, you have exact as SD said. Entire subsections of our communities whose only thoughts bettering themselves are to have more babies to get more money. Which leads to lower quality parenting, which leads to lower quality people and parents and the viscious cycle continues.