Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Evolution
28 August 2012, 20:31,
RE: Social Evolution
or it could simply be a slowing down. Like the price of gold keeps on going up but has days when it declines.

That is where the risk is. Those at the bottom won't take kindly to social changes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2012, 14:02,
RE: Social Evolution
(28 August 2012, 18:05)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(28 August 2012, 12:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: This comment will get me hate mail.

Simple genetics, prior to WW2 if you were not able to fend for yourself you died. With the introduction of the welfare state those too dozy to live were fed and kept alive and, importantly, live to breed and pass on their genes. Those who were paying kept working and reduced their offspring. Those who were paid by the kid, those on the dole, kept on pumping the unwanted kids out, not bringing them up and collecting the cash. These feral youths started breeding too until, now a large proportion of the population is made up of people who can't fend for themselves.

Evolution in action.

My thoughts exactly
The human race has already reached the pinnacle of our evolution and will now de-evolve as we do everything possible to counteract natural selection.

Modern medicine keeps millions of people alive every year who would otherwise die, and from a Darwinian perspective should die (as harsh as that may seem). The weakest of the human race, the least intelligent, the ones with the weakest immune systems, the least adaptable to change are all being kept alive by a modern society that will feed, clothe, house and nurse them for the rest of their unnaturally long lives without them ever having to get stronger, or fitter, or more intelligent.
Those people then live long enough to pass their shitty genes on to the next generation.

It is the nature of evolution and genetic mutation that there will always be sub-standard specimens in every generation of every species, but humans are the only species that will break it's own back to keep these specimens alive long enough to breed.

And then on the more social side, you have exact as SD said. Entire subsections of our communities whose only thoughts bettering themselves are to have more babies to get more money. Which leads to lower quality parenting, which leads to lower quality people and parents and the viscious cycle continues.
My thoughts exactly. It's not PC, and I'm not saying I like it, but the only reason people like this are still alive is because everyone is well fed and has their most basic needs catered for. We can pretend all we want that we are civilized, but if no-ones eaten for 3 days, it descends into Law of the Jungle, and it always will
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8