Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERIM BOLs
28 August 2012, 23:54,
RE: INTERIM BOLs
I think if you refer to my point "to list useful spots", is very unwise imho but i concur that to present ideas of useful areas to consider, then that is something altogether different and I quite like your train platform idea. Urbx have websites full of them like that. Again let us not digress, we do as we are comfortable with. ;-p

If I chose to "get out of dodge", I Have a venue off the main highway with two routes of entry/exit and a small bolt hole road off this, several miles up a single track I have hidden a homemade stinger to protect the access, to be removed to go with me on my route. A suggestion, buy, beg borrow or acquire an FC universal key for the area you intend to use. Most security gates have welded steel boxes protecting the padlock from bolt cutters. It's easier just to get one key for thousands of gates;-)
I love making the world a beautiful friendly safe place for all; challenging oppression and respecting and embracing diversity Big Grin Heart
29 August 2012, 01:29,
(28 August 2012, 23:54)Greenman Wrote: I think if you refer to my point "to list useful spots", is very unwise imho but i concur that to present ideas of useful areas to consider, then that is something altogether different and I quite like your train platform idea. Urbx have websites full of them like that. Again let us not digress, we do as we are comfortable with. ;-p

If I chose to "get out of dodge", I Have a venue off the main highway with two routes of entry/exit and a small bolt hole road off this, several miles up a single track I have hidden a homemade stinger to protect the access, to be removed to go with me on my route. A suggestion, buy, beg borrow or acquire an FC universal key for the area you intend to use. Most security gates have welded steel boxes protecting the padlock from bolt cutters. It's easier just to get one key for thousands of gates;-)

It was not really my idea, one night I was setting up a RP for another prepper to meet me, but while I was there I thought this would make for a good ready-made shelter short term, even had water and a lot of fruit was growing nearby, plus wildlife, but most of all it was reinforced, and offered cover from the weather.

It was not really my idea, one night I was setting up a RP for another prepper to meet me, but while I was there I thought this would make for a good ready-made shelter short term, even had water and a lot of fruit was growing nearby, plus wildlife, but most of all it was reinforced, and offered cover from the weather.

I think you maybe are thinking to much in to this thread, regards the "list useful spots", I again don't see that being a problem, I myself can offer up a few wild areas near to me, but that would be pointless as most members are other side of the country, but in no way by my offering up these locations will it affect my BOL or cache placement.

I myself have a few sets of what I called fireman universal keys, I think now they are to old, I used them when I move around London back in the day when I lived there, no use to me now, (live in country) if I want to get past a gate I just climb over it now.

Just a point we all understand what you said "not the personal words between you and NR" but the OPSEC stuff, but to much degree we all differ on our take on that, I Plan for SHTF disaster and hard times not for elite government trying to kill us all, (flu jab anyone) all though I don't dismiss it, I won't wrap myself up and hide under a rock,

therefore I accept chatting on an open forum of this type, as I have said a few times there is no OPSEC if you join this type forum you can limit how much you give away yes, but the forum will be quite empty post wise.

On the 5th September I leave this forum for good, what I have left behind can come back to haunt me "Emergency Powers Act" I do feel we are on some kind of list and maybe kicking off the door under such an act might be part of it, then again maybe not.

And I think your find NR is not actually being aggressive.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 August 2012, 13:47,
Guys, Can we move on. Simple misunderstanding and no need to keep it going.

The question over interim bols is that any that we know of are likely to be common knowledge in the area you are looking at coming into. This is a big risk. However, taking this into consideration there are a few areas worth mentioning.

Delamere Forest just off the A54 is large enough to hide in and a place of concealment. Just take care approaching the area.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2012, 18:00,
I'm not paranoid, I know THEY are out to get us Smile Smile

29 August 2012, 20:07,
(29 August 2012, 18:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm not paranoid, I know THEY are out to get us Smile Smile

[Image: BDvfr68Dv1EKJMEhMvvD3n1.jpg]
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 August 2012, 23:43,
omg what the hell is going on i would help people i have met off this site and others that i have met from around the country showing them were fresh water is and a bit of shelter aint dropping my self in it we dont know when we might need the same help ??????
and love the black man dont see nothing racist about it at all ??????? to much on little things i think

b/d
31 August 2012, 15:11,
OK. Tidied that up again. Let's get this thread back on topic

Play nicely
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 August 2012, 15:56, (This post was last modified: 31 August 2012, 15:58 by NorthernRaider.)
In France the provincial governments provide semi secure rest areas for campers and motorhomes along their road system, they call em Aires De Service and I think one of the UK camping clubs is trying to get similar basic facilities in the UK. Basically its a lit car park often covered by CCTV, it has a place to empty your grey and black water tanks and refill your fresh water tanks.

Also there is a handy forum called WILD CAMPING that people post useful lay over spots they have found on their travels, old car parks, sheltered lay bys, picnic areas, secluded beaches, c roads, old quarries etc basically any place you can laager up in peace for a few hours P & Q
I used to like parking up overnight for nowt near Beadnel bay just south of Bambrough Castle, but its got popular now so I often go inland into the cheviots a bit further south, theres hundreds of quiet spots away from the A1.

11 September 2012, 09:53, (This post was last modified: 11 September 2012, 10:02 by NorthernRaider.)
(28 August 2012, 09:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: Think I will try a thread listing useful spots and locations that Preppers could overnight at in moderate security, IE places like wild camping spots you can laager up at for a rest if you have bugged out.

Opinions?

OS LR 99 094 734 How Stean Gorge. Transient BOL

(remote, camp site with facilities, cafe, car park, low profile, bastard to find, easy to secure)
Owners have offered to let us have RVs, open cooking on camp fire, and will set aside space for archery practice)

OS LR 98 703 869 Dent Camp Site . Transient BOL ( Camp site, basic facilities, remote location)

OS LR 92 987 352 Lay By Transient lay over

OS LR 93 GR 33 28 Set back Lay Bys on A 689 Transient lay overs
OS LR 92 034 171 Set back lay by remote location