Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question of perception
28 August 2012, 23:10,
A question of perception
A person is considered to be homeless if somebody is without a home.
Primary homelessness (or rooflessness) includes persons living on the streets without a shelter.

No fixed abode or without fixed abode is a legal term generally applied to those who do not have a fixed geographical location as their residence.

Me? I'm just happy being "no fixed abode". Been there done it.

So how do you see yourself if you have bugged out either by choice, by event, or been ordered to evacuate by TPTB?

The perception of others is going to be vital to your welfare.
I've personally experienced "acceptance and concern" to "abuse and aggression" when describing myself and partner as "no fixed abode".

So what if you migrate (bug out) into a new area?

What plans have you made (or can you make) to not just appear to others as a refugee, marauder, looter, or just plain old scum?

29 August 2012, 00:15,
RE: A question of perception
I have no intention of bugging out to no where.
I hope to bug in but if I had to bug out would probably head to a friends where I'd try not to be a burden but hopefully be an asset, even if they only let me sleep in their shed.
But if things are so bad that I have to bug out not having an address is unlikely to be a concern.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
29 August 2012, 07:21,
Bugging in for me but if i have to bugout all of my choosen BOL's are on land owned by family.
Failure is NOT an option
29 August 2012, 09:23,
we are bugging in, but if things go "pear shaped" we have a list of half a dozen places we can occupy and whats more their all EMPTY..as in no tenants or occupants, when i drive around the countryside i am looking as i go for more EMPTY property to add to my list, i now have several properties i can use as BOL north, south, east and west.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 August 2012, 09:56,
(28 August 2012, 23:10)Paul Wrote: A person is considered to be homeless if somebody is without a home.
Primary homelessness (or rooflessness) includes persons living on the streets without a shelter.

No fixed abode or without fixed abode is a legal term generally applied to those who do not have a fixed geographical location as their residence.

Me? I'm just happy being "no fixed abode". Been there done it.

So how do you see yourself if you have bugged out either by choice, by event, or been ordered to evacuate by TPTB?

The perception of others is going to be vital to your welfare.
I've personally experienced "acceptance and concern" to "abuse and aggression" when describing myself and partner as "no fixed abode".

So what if you migrate (bug out) into a new area?

What plans have you made (or can you make) to not just appear to others as a refugee, marauder, looter, or just plain old scum?

"No fixed abode or without fixed abode is a legal term generally applied to those who do not have a fixed geographical location as their residence."

After TSHTF chances are Emergency powers will ber eneforced and the peace time term HOMELESS gets dropped and is replaced with the term REFUGEE or DISPLACED PERSON who can be rounded up and forced into refugee camps. And unless I'm out of date the golden rule of survivalism is NEVER BECOME A REFUGEE RELIANT ON THE STATE.

I would see my family group more like Marquis or Militia if we had to bug out after a major societal collapse, I WILL NOT put my family into the governments hands though we would accept supplies from aid stations.

What plans have we made ?

Reccied the region in great depth and recorded multiple places I can hunker down in.

Arranged Mutual Support Agreements with other prepper families across the country

Developed and distributed caches of supplies and multiple locations

Fitted out family with the correct kit, clothing and tools so we can stay off the roads and highways for extended periods

Got a van that easily converts into a Camper van with kitchen, toilet, supplies, water, etc than can accomodate us.