Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Digging
31 October 2011, 15:25,
RE: No Digging
Thanks Kenneth, this is how we manage our allotment, no digging for us! nature does not dig so i dont know why mankind started all this digging lark, its hard on the back and it wastes time when its so easy to non dig, keep up the good work!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 November 2011, 20:11,
I mentioned making lime above from limestone or chalk. After burning be careful with the lime as it can cause severe burns if handled. Slake the lime in an old bath or pan. This will cause great heat, you can if you wish heat cans of food upon it. Some ration packs are heated in this way. Kenneth Eames.
14 November 2011, 11:51, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2011, 11:54 by mikebratcher69.)
Im pretty much stuck as regards my garden, Its what they call brown land I do believe, there used to be rows of terraced houses here, so the just knocked them down and built over the top.
If you dig more than a couple of inches down its rubble all over, I dug a flat section out last year for a shed base...
I could have opened a builders merchants with the stuff I had to pickaxe out.
So its growbags for me I do believe.
Mind you we live near a place called Heaton park, Its got a walled victorian growing garden and a petting zoo...
I could use that as my retreat...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 November 2011, 14:10,
Mike,

Go for a raised bed. I'm doing that and I have earth in mu garden. That way you can work easier and have good earth.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 November 2011, 17:15,
Raised beds are a good way of taking the no-digging route. Make your raised beds and fill with good class compost. Whatever height you make your raised beds fill to the top with compost and sow your seeds or plant any plants you have, direct into that compost. Combine liquid fertiliser with this and your crops should do well. Make liquid fertiliser with urine diluted, one part urine with ten parts of water. A week before gathering your produce water daily to wash away any liquid urine fertiliser. Harvest and enjoy. Kenneth Eames.