Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preppers and Survivalists
28 September 2012, 11:22, (This post was last modified: 28 September 2012, 11:36 by IB1.)
RE: Preppers and Survivalists
(28 September 2012, 00:11)bowdrill Wrote: I came into prepping first then moved into bushcraft but have always been in the country bushcraft just filled in the gaps lol and yes like others rabbits for the pot and sold for xtra money snares etc so I suppose I'm in both
I like this site as it is open and information is freely given with no running you down with the questions that are asked
So long may this site continue and grow in strength
Bd

I think bushcraft definitely has something to offer survivalists, learning how to make fire and shelter, purify water etc from nothing but what you find around you in the woods can only be helpful as you never know when you could be separated from your kit.

Sometimes though bushcraft is just a different name for camping. Under a tarp and using a billy can rather than in a tent and using a frying pan, the only difference is bushcraft sounds cooler. Like everything else, someone sees a market and wants to sell you overpriced kit to those with money

(28 September 2012, 08:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(27 September 2012, 20:26)IB1 Wrote: I dont think there is anything wrong with a bit of banter on forums but I dont like sites where you are made to look like some retarded bunker dweller for discussing events in a post fall world, there's definitely some kind of weird snobbery that goes on in the prepping world.

If the answer to all our prepping needs is to book into a hotel then why bother having prepping forum at all, just use the friggin Yellow Pages Smile
i was having this same conversation many months ago on another forum, guy said he was going to bug out to a motel or hotel, i said well in that case why have preps, all you need is a credit card( i also said you are putting your survival in some one else's hands not your own) and got dumped on from a great height for it!!!Big Grin

Hotels may well be an option up to a point, but I prep to deal with things that are beyond that point and when I first started visiting the odd forum or two I assumed they would be too.

It's like asking on a gardening site how to grow your own veg, and being told to just go to tesco's and buy it instead Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
28 September 2012, 11:37,
(28 September 2012, 11:22)IB1 Wrote: It's like asking on a gardening site how to grow your own veg, and being told to just go to tesco's and buy it instead Smile

But that's where veg comes from Huh
28 September 2012, 11:39,
(28 September 2012, 11:37)00111001 Wrote:
(28 September 2012, 11:22)IB1 Wrote: It's like asking on a gardening site how to grow your own veg, and being told to just go to tesco's and buy it instead Smile

But that's where veg comes from Huh

probably Portugal, Spain or Brazil!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 September 2012, 15:34,
WTSHTF those Tesco shelves are gonna empty pretty damn quickly.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
28 September 2012, 15:50,
(28 September 2012, 15:34)Ghost Wrote: WTSHTF those Tesco shelves are gonna empty pretty damn quickly.

in the fuel strike the shelves emptied in 36 hours.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 September 2012, 16:06,
and the pumps immediately afterwards.

28 September 2012, 16:30,
(28 September 2012, 16:06)Paul Wrote: and the pumps immediately afterwards.

yep you got itBig Grin