Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seagulls shot with air rifles.
30 August 2012, 18:19,
RE: Seagulls shot with air rifles.
(30 August 2012, 16:36)Paul Wrote: Yet again the media have got it wrong. Not all gulls are protected.

Under Natural England's General Licenses (wml-gl04 and gl05), both these are pests and can be destroyed "To preserve public health or public safety and / or prevent serious damage or disease"

Gull, Lesser Black-backed Larus fuscus
Gull, Herring Larus argentatus

These license conditions include the requirement that the user must be satisfied that legal (including non-lethal) methods of resolving the problem are ineffective or impracticable.
So just shooting them because they P. you off is a no no.

wot about foodSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 August 2012, 19:31,
(30 August 2012, 18:19)Barneyboy Wrote:
(30 August 2012, 16:36)Paul Wrote: Yet again the media have got it wrong. Not all gulls are protected.

Under Natural England's General Licenses (wml-gl04 and gl05), both these are pests and can be destroyed "To preserve public health or public safety and / or prevent serious damage or disease"

These license conditions include the requirement that the user must be satisfied that legal (including non-lethal) methods of resolving the problem are ineffective or impracticable.

wot about foodSmile
i wouldnt eat them, theyre like rats with wings, they will eat any old carp, in fact i'd rather eat a rat than a gull.

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2012, 19:34,
(30 August 2012, 19:31)bigpaul Wrote:

wot about foodSmile
i wouldnt eat them, theyre like rats with wings, they will eat any old carp, in fact i'd rather eat a rat than a gull.

they taste nice BP
30 August 2012, 19:37,
(30 August 2012, 19:34)Barneyboy Wrote:

wot about foodSmile

they taste nice BP
WHAT?? you wont eat pickled beetroot but you'll eat a gull?? your a bloody strange one!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2012, 19:39,
(30 August 2012, 19:37)bigpaul Wrote:

wot about foodSmile

they taste nice BP
WHAT?? you wont eat pickled beetroot but you'll eat a gull?? your a bloody strange one!!Big Grin

i was about to say the same thing to you palBig Grin
30 August 2012, 19:41,
(30 August 2012, 19:39)Barneyboy Wrote:
(30 August 2012, 19:37)bigpaul Wrote:
(30 August 2012, 18:19)Barneyboy Wrote: wot about foodSmile

they taste nice BP

i was about to say the same thing to you palBig Grin
oh well, i did spend the first 8 years of my life in Yorkshire and Lancashire before moving south so i suppose that had an affect on my eating habits!!Tongue
31 August 2012, 14:44,
Seagull- a bit like greasy chicken. Fried in batter, lovely.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
31 August 2012, 15:53,
(31 August 2012, 14:44)Bucket Wrote: Seagull- a bit like greasy chicken. Fried in batter, lovely.

i no its nice isnt it Smile
31 August 2012, 16:25,
Seagulls can't be protected. None of my pellets hit any form of sheilding at all.

Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 September 2012, 09:53, (This post was last modified: 1 September 2012, 09:54 by Hrusai.)
dunno why you'd waste the ammo?

buy a pot of sodium bicarb, ask strangers for chips, the proceed to make holes in the chips and fill the holes with sodium bicarb, feed that to a seagull and its a ticking timebomb! nothign funnier than watching a seagull nick a loaded chip, fly off then suddenly die in mid air cause its stomach exploded xD
spent many a fun time doing that lol