Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Correct and propper use of Electronics in prepping
2 September 2012, 11:05,
RE: The Correct and propper use of Electronics in prepping
I intend to catch the rain off my roof when TSHTF, then pass it through a Berfeld.

2 September 2012, 11:13,
(2 September 2012, 10:08)Barneyboy Wrote:
(2 September 2012, 10:02)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(2 September 2012, 09:59)Barneyboy Wrote: [
read that to pal made me think about meds and how we are reliant on them

You can see why some richer diebetics get medical training to be able to extract insulin from pigs then buy emselves a herd.

bloody right mate i think clean water is going to be a pro not everyone will have a swimming pool ,per person will need just to tick over 2190 liters a year

Not sure where you're getting that number from, but just shows how wasteful we are right now. An average US household can get through 400 gallons (approx 1800 litres) PER DAY.
http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pubs/indoor.html
2 September 2012, 11:16, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2012, 11:18 by NorthernRaider.)
I think the 2190 is the DRINKING water requirement per annum ???
Yeah bout 6 litres a day for drinking and cooking it works out at 6x365 = 2190

2 September 2012, 11:46,
(2 September 2012, 11:16)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think the 2190 is the DRINKING water requirement per annum ???
Yeah bout 6 litres a day for drinking and cooking it works out at 6x365 = 2190

just to tick over thats a lot of water
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 September 2012, 13:48,
The worst part about that much water is how much it weighs. Makes storing it awkward.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 September 2012, 23:21,
(2 September 2012, 13:48)Skean Dhude Wrote: The worst part about that much water is how much it weighs. Makes storing it awkward.

Yeah I have 200 liters of water stored in 25l containers and it's about as much as I can in the flat I'm in. I always have small bottles of water and 5l/1.5l bottles too but taking the bigger ones with me if I'm bugging out in a hurry would just not be possible... I wish I was prepared and organised BEFORE I moved to a flat on the twelth (sp?) floor
3 September 2012, 00:58,
Extracting insulin from a pig is very complicated:
http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/11/seve...iabet.html

NR, Have you tried the curciut board arrowhead? I'd have thought it was too brittle and would have shattered on impact?
Ofcourse it only has to work once for you to get a meal.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
3 September 2012, 09:14,
The Arrow head thing was meant as a joke towards Paul, SD and LS

3 September 2012, 18:31,
Making insulin is not that complicated. I have all the gear for that in my garage. The biggest issue would be the pigs pancreas. How do you id that and how many do you need. I would guess that it would be the most difficult item to obtain anfter an event.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 September 2012, 19:29,
(3 September 2012, 18:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: Making insulin is not that complicated. I have all the gear for that in my garage. The biggest issue would be the pigs pancreas. How do you id that and how many do you need. I would guess that it would be the most difficult item to obtain anfter an event.

Not if like the yanks I read about you either bought a herd of porkers or moved next door to a pig farm or abtatour.