Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham County Council turns prepper
3 September 2012, 12:12, (This post was last modified: 3 September 2012, 13:05 by NorthernRaider.)
Durham County Council turns prepper
They started taking their role more seriously a few years ago after both the government and the mines that provide rock salt for griiting roads both failed to supply enough salt for the counties roads, instead diverting supplies to you know where ( yup the home counties)

So DCC has massively increased the size of its salt stockpiles and even the local NHS threw a million quid into the pot to help get extra materiels set aside for bad winters.
Kudos to them for that, but this year we got banjaxed again with flooding on multiple occasions and once again the council is now starting to think like the rest of us.

Today we got our Durham County News magazine, a semi glossy info bullitin funded by the council but used by many agencies, and there was TWO useful articles in it for me. One was from the local idiots in blue uniforms they have now produced a website called CRIME MAPPER at http://www.police.uk and on crime mapper you can by using your post code find out all the reported crime statistics for your area.

Secondly but more valueably on page 27 of this magazine is a big advert from the council called PREPARING FOR FLOODS AND OTHER EMERGENCIES and amongst the useful info, web sites, phone numbers and advice they even tell citizens to prepare themselves Emergency kits of tortch, batteries, clothing, FAKs, food n water, etc.

So I guess our message is slowly getting through to ther sheeple collectives created by the welfare mentality thats blighted the UK for decades.
Well bugger me with a badger another booklet just dropped through the door from DCC A5 size, called PERSONAL WINTER PLAN its got emergency check lists, bug out bag list, emergency contact lists, health info, radio and info frequencies and urls AND a WINTER STORE CUPBOARD PLAN its a Stockpile plan to be sure. the message is getting to the sheeple and the burocrats that is far cheaper far wiser and easier to acess if they encourage people to make their own survival supplies and pay for them themselves rather than use tax payers money for hard to access centrally stored emergency supplies.

Mind you I've noticed one small issue with their booklet its listening loads of foods but not mentioning how to cook em.

3 September 2012, 17:12,
RE: Durham County Council turns prepper
My local council said they stockpiled salt based on the average that was required over the last 10 years and failed to understand when I tried to point out that that meant that 5 years out of 10 they wouldn't have enough Sad
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
3 September 2012, 17:17,
RE: Durham County Council turns prepper
Journo's, councils are just the start. Once people start thinking, and many are, then they will all start prepping. Those left will be those who are totally reliant on the system.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin