Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugging out contact
6 September 2012, 18:29,
RE: Bugging out contact
It's flat even if it is flooded.

Norfolk doesn't have that many jobs but is in an hours train time or drive from London where there is.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 September 2012, 18:32, (This post was last modified: 6 September 2012, 18:35 by Barneyboy.)
(6 September 2012, 17:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:57)Barneyboy Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:44)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:24)Barneyboy Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: Whats the appeal of Norfolk seriously?, I've never been there since the early 70s with the army when i had my one and only meeting with a Coypu. Is it nice, I believe is flat and very rural, plenty of navigable water ways and a good place to be self reliant??

moved down here for work

there is work in Norfolk??Big Grin

i look after gay footballs
DUH????

i ment to say gay footballers

(6 September 2012, 18:32)Barneyboy Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:57)Barneyboy Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:44)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 17:24)Barneyboy Wrote: moved down here for work

there is work in Norfolk??Big Grin

i look after gay footballs
DUH????

i ment to say gay footballers

theres alot of clubs down here and a lot of twats who think they can drink alot so they need to be persuaded to leave Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 September 2012, 18:46,
I hope to form a group of preppers before time, so I wouldn't really be looking to join other preppers. I'd still like to make contact, as it would be useful to know where other colonies are in the nearby area, for trading or mutual defense etc. Discretion is the better part of valour though, I imagine you would be very jumpy due to looters all over the place.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
6 September 2012, 18:50,
(6 September 2012, 18:46)Tibbs735 Wrote: I hope to form a group of preppers before time, so I wouldn't really be looking to join other preppers. I'd still like to make contact, as it would be useful to know where other colonies are in the nearby area, for trading or mutual defense etc. Discretion is the better part of valour though, I imagine you would be very jumpy due to looters all over the place.

Would help if we knew what region you were in and if you are registrered on the home page CONTACTS base.

6 September 2012, 19:11,
(6 September 2012, 08:26)bigpaul Wrote: i do think your wrong about meeting people though, how are you going to know if one of our members is trustworthy if you never meet them?, thats why i've been to the WG 2 years running so that i can meet other preppers(pre arranged) and get to know them, so if i run into them post TSHTF i KNOW who to trust!Big Grin

It's not the meeting people I have a problem with, I'm more than happy to meet up with preppers and swap ideas, techniques and the like. I also think a group stands a better chance of survival than a small family unit, my problem is that I just dont think that meeting someone a few times at events is enough for me to decide whether I would trust them enough

I guess I'm just an untrusting bastard Smile , but in my defence I have been let down too many times by people I thought I could trust, both preppers and sheep, so i've adjusted my mindset accordingly
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
6 September 2012, 19:34,
(6 September 2012, 19:11)IB1 Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 08:26)bigpaul Wrote: i do think your wrong about meeting people though, how are you going to know if one of our members is trustworthy if you never meet them?, thats why i've been to the WG 2 years running so that i can meet other preppers(pre arranged) and get to know them, so if i run into them post TSHTF i KNOW who to trust!Big Grin

It's not the meeting people I have a problem with, I'm more than happy to meet up with preppers and swap ideas, techniques and the like. I also think a group stands a better chance of survival than a small family unit, my problem is that I just dont think that meeting someone a few times at events is enough for me to decide whether I would trust them enough

I guess I'm just an untrusting bastard Smile , but in my defence I have been let down too many times by people I thought I could trust, both preppers and sheep, so i've adjusted my mindset accordingly

Naa you just prudent and cautious like all good survivalists

6 September 2012, 20:35,
It is our nature to be careful.

Be careful building a group as well. Those that are converted by someone may not always have the right mindset. You should test them out by asking questions and getting them to discuss issues and see what their mindset it before you start making groups and sharing plans.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 September 2012, 21:39,
(6 September 2012, 12:12)Skvez Wrote:
(6 September 2012, 08:26)bigpaul Wrote: ... so that i can meet other preppers and get to know them, so if i run into them post TSHTF I KNOW who to trust!Big Grin
The problem is that based on the comments elsewhere on the forum it's pretty clear that most preppers even ones that appear to be like minded can't be fully trusted, they can only be trusted to a point.
I don't want to discover that point, in my back one dark night.

I had (naively) hoped that if things got bad enough a group would split amicably each taking their own stuff and going their own way.
It's clear that when things get bad enough most preppers (even your 'trusted friends') will kill you for the tin of beans in your backpack.

Don't believe all the macho spoutings on line, if things get really bad, then the everything will be viewed in a very different light. Some who presupposed lone wolf tendancies will be glad of companionship & co-operation. Others who professed mutual support, will only look out for themselves. As I have suggested before, take every situation on its merits at the time and act accordingly & wisely. Getting to know people thoroughly beforehand is the surest way. Studying past human reactions in scenarios of long term disaster events will give you some guidance on possible human interactions. Safe travels. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
6 September 2012, 23:24,
Anyone wanting to go it alone will be overwhelmed by the human wave attacks of starving refugees. What happens when your one axe breaks, or you lose your knife, or you fall in water in cold weather. You need a decent number of people to rotate sentries, and even relatively short duties create horrible strain on fit twenty-something soldiers, let alone the mixed bag that will be post-shtf Britain
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
7 September 2012, 07:59,
(6 September 2012, 23:24)Tibbs735 Wrote: Anyone wanting to go it alone will be overwhelmed by the human wave attacks of starving refugees. What happens when your one axe breaks, or you lose your knife, or you fall in water in cold weather. You need a decent number of people to rotate sentries, and even relatively short duties create horrible strain on fit twenty-something soldiers, let alone the mixed bag that will be post-shtf Britain

Not so mon ami, at least not always, the best and safest soldiers on a battle field are those you cannot see or hear IE the recce troops and scout sniper teams. If you are well hidden the risk is tiny, if you are well hidden and have 1 sentry even better and if you are well hidden with a sentry and have a pre arranged escape route your doing well.

We must not think of ourselves as soldioers or warriors, instead we should be shadows staying out the way, fighting only if we have no other option. overall its still all down to a mix of luck and prepping.