Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reakdown: Three Tons of Food Looted From Grocery Stores In Spain As Millions Struggle
5 September 2012, 16:09,
reakdown: Three Tons of Food Looted From Grocery Stores In Spain As Millions Struggle

As the economic and financial systems of the world rapidly approach the real possibility of total collapse, signs of what we can expect on a mass scale in the near future are beginning to appear throughout Europe.

In Spain, a country that just a few years ago was heralded as a shining example of real estate entrepreneurship, international tourism and a rising middle class, the situation is so bad that many are unable to meet the most basic necessities for life.

Social safety nets across the continent are visibly under stress and breaking down, so much so that unemployed Spaniards have begun raiding supermarkets in order to put food on the table. As recently as last month the people of Cadiz and Sevilla, which have a reported unemployment rate of 32%, joined together to loot local grocery stores of three tons of food - some of which was distributed to local food banks....

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/th...e_09052012
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 September 2012, 16:14,
RE: reakdown: Three Tons of Food Looted From Grocery Stores In Spain As Millions Struggle
This is spreading, there are greek middle class families abadoning children and elderly on the streets cos they can no longer feed them, All the various govts can do is put a sticking plaster over the wound and when that fails order the military to take control of the streets.

5 September 2012, 17:08,
RE: reakdown: Three Tons of Food Looted From Grocery Stores In Spain As Millions Struggle
Keep your eyes open, we seem isolated from much that's happening at the moment and I don't know whether that's because we in the u.k. will and are weathering the storm better than elsewhere or whether the governments hanging on by the skin of its teeth and when the the balloon goes up here it'll be like the proverbial lead one and we'll go down very fast indeed. I cant say I've seen too many signs that make me want to "rush to the hills" just yet but who knows whats around the corner...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 September 2012, 23:32,
The guy who wrote the original article (Fernando Aguirre) now lives in the UK (here in NI), having rejected the idea of escaping to Spain from Argentina on the very basis that he knew this was coming to Spain. Of course, he knows the UK isn't in great shape either but unlike southern European states, it has its own currency and it has a culture of work ethic, both of which are small but not insignificant advantages.
7 September 2012, 08:45,
My mate Taj and his friends used to do this when they were "river gypsies"

15 blokes would storm the local co-op, grab whatever they wanted then run off. The security guard did nothing - he doesn't want to get a kicking, especially on basic minimum wage. They'd do this every fortnight pretty much. Didn't get caught once.