Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German site selling tinned bread / butter /cheese etc
14 September 2012, 06:11,
RE: German site selling tinned bread / butter /cheese etc
well received me order yesterday its taken 7 days to arrive which is not bad at all , several tins of different bread , cake , cheese and butter not tried it yet but will keep you up dated as we use it !
14 September 2012, 06:25,
(14 September 2012, 06:11)Tigs Wrote: well received me order yesterday its taken 7 days to arrive which is not bad at all , several tins of different bread , cake , cheese and butter not tried it yet but will keep you up dated as we use it !

glad it reached you! good signs already Smile

when money is available i'll have to buy some of this to try Big Grin

absolutely superb find tigs!
14 September 2012, 06:29,
lol that depends if its any good ! if the bread etc is crap its not worth the money ! lol
14 September 2012, 06:53,
(14 September 2012, 06:29)Tigs Wrote: lol that depends if its any good ! if the bread etc is crap its not worth the money ! lol

cant wait to hear how you get on with it Smile
14 September 2012, 09:52,
ok opened a tin of amaranth bread was expecting it to be like dutch breads or crackers but its just like normal bread but round , amaranth bread looks like the closet thing to British white bread the site sells the only difference is its a sour dough bread , tried two slices one toast the other not , spread some of the lightly salted butter on half a slice of each toasted and not toasted with bread is full of flavour and from the tin is just like normal bread as far as i can see , the butter taste a little different from what i am used to slightly sweeter not really sure , it melts well on the toast also tried the cheese again it tastes a little sweeter the what i am used to but it tastes good it also melts ok not the same as cheddar but acceptable ( might be down to it being processed ) will try one of the cakes later but so far i am quite happy with the results
14 September 2012, 11:07,
That's great, thanks for sharing. What's the bbe dates on the tins you recieved?
14 September 2012, 13:09,
Silly question but were the cans ring pull or will I still need my trusty can opener?

14 September 2012, 18:29,
This id going to be worth a fortune when tshf, people are going to be craving bread and butte,we all take it forgranted.
14 September 2012, 20:28,
the website says the cans are ring pull, and the best before date as they also state is 1 year from production, but they then go on to say how these cans can easily last as long as 50 years or more, so for all intents and purposes, they last indefinately Smile

glad to hear the bread butter and cheese is tasty mate, i think thats the last piece of the puzzle for me, i will definately be ordering from this website now!

oh and if any of you have had a look around the website properly, then holy crap do they offer some cool stuff!!!...cheeseburgers in a can for gods sake, and ive heard you can get alcoholic "wine" powder as well as "beer" powder made by the same people (couldnt find it on the site tho)...not to mention the 30 day supplies of food and also aluminium bags and oxygen absorbers, specifically for storing food Smile
14 September 2012, 21:42,
Wine powder!! ... I try to keep a stock of spirits but I always end up drinking it, can't see myself being tempted to drink powered stuff unless the shops were shut long term. Those bags & oxy absorbers are expensive compared to Lds, and I can't compare most of the tinned stuff with other prices but I'm sure approved food had margarine at 3 tins for £1.

I know the bbe dates aren't much to go by with tinned foods but it's what I use to rotate that's why I asked