Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many and what type of arrow / bolt are you stocking?
7 October 2012, 22:18,
RE: How many and what type of arrow / bolt are you stocking?
(7 October 2012, 22:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: great idea for improvised arrow headsBig Grin something else you can use that is widespread in our society is Plastic!! rigid plastic sheeting etc can be cut easily and can be made very sharp. try it out you will be amazed

very true, sould start a thread on plastic craft for survival?
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
7 October 2012, 22:21,
Have you seen the videos on YT for Survival bows made out of plastic pipe ? fascinating.

22 October 2012, 20:51,
hello 4 bladed broad head s, lots of them screw in type , alloy arrows , a little heavier than carbon but I like them , I m going to buy a compound bow very soon , I have a recurve at mo

regards

nenook

when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
22 October 2012, 22:03,
the ones that shoot stright
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 October 2012, 22:12,
they be the ones , and I wouldent want carbon arrows going through meat Id be eating

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
22 October 2012, 22:16,
Yeah I have some glass fibre arrows that I modded with nastier points, but most of the bow arrows and crossbow bolts I have are also aluminium alloy with steel field inserts.

23 October 2012, 14:43,
Has anyone considered using bike spokes and modifying them for tips?

With the speed an arrow will travel, and the weight of the arrow, you really don't need a super sharp end to pierce meat. I think a pair of pliers a bit of brain power, and some bike spokes, and you'd have some very effective tips or even half arrows (think of roman spear style projectiles).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 October 2012, 15:58,
Maybe as fishing arrows but not as anti personel or vermin control, quite a lot of traditional archers apparently hunted smaller game like pheasants, rabbit, hare, grouse,pigeon etc with blunt headed arrows, designed to used kinetic energy rather than blood loss to kill the prey?

23 October 2012, 18:41,
Only got five aluminium arrows, need to buy and make loads,get some extra bow strings and then a small compound bow.
23 October 2012, 20:30,
(23 October 2012, 18:41)Metroyeti Wrote: Only got five aluminium arrows, need to buy and make loads,get some extra bow strings and then a small compound bow.

What sort of draw weight are you looking for, I'm hovering around the 30 pound mark so any bows we have can be used by any of the three of us.. I've got the Banshee quads for now so we can get used to them, but i hope to get something a tad stronger when we are comfortable with them. Petron and SMk both does modest small basic counpounds around the £120 mark.