Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh thats just devious :)
7 September 2012, 14:12,
Oh thats just devious :)
Just been chatting via E mail with a guy I know off and on whose into prepping and wild camping, He just told me how they agree to meet at certain locations, rally points, safe locations etc.

Well first they reccied the places for suitability then (the bit I like)

is they just refer to them by an asorted of already assigned letters and numbers such as SED 107 ( south east division 107) H 43941 etc

The numbers?? they are the numbers councils have stencilled onto road salt bins, street lights, green BT cable boxes and pylons !!!

Eg the SED 107 is apparently a salt bin in a lay by at the foot of a hill some place darn sarf where they live.

Simple, clever and who the hell would think to equate a short numerical sequence with a well placed street light or salt bin?

7 September 2012, 15:43,
RE: Oh thats just devious :)
Street bums, gypsies and other assorted street people. That and those little glyphs they chalk at the top of a street.

You should simply make up your own addresses and meeting point and refer to them by id rather than name. So All meet at NRs house. We say All meet a Location 6 or whatever.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 September 2012, 16:19,
reminds me of my "dodgier" days of buying certain pharmaceuticals, when arranging a dead drop we'd use those weird tombstone thingies on the side of the road near a drain (i think thats what your referring to aswell) that say something like seb 125 (i know it was seb something cause there was an "in joke" about a kid called seb lol), bloody handy they were

cheers for that NR, and you can extend it to any deliberate markings of letters or numbers!....what a superb system Smile
7 September 2012, 17:49,
(7 September 2012, 14:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just been chatting via E mail with a guy I know off and on whose into prepping and wild camping, He just told me how they agree to meet at certain locations, rally points, safe locations etc.

Well first they reccied the places for suitability then (the bit I like)

is they just refer to them by an asorted of already assigned letters and numbers such as SED 107 ( south east division 107) H 43941 etc

The numbers?? they are the numbers councils have stencilled onto road salt bins, street lights, green BT cable boxes and pylons !!!

Eg the SED 107 is apparently a salt bin in a lay by at the foot of a hill some place darn sarf where they live.

Simple, clever and who the hell would think to equate a short numerical sequence with a well placed street light or salt bin?

wot wood my name be NR
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!