Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leg or breast?
8 September 2012, 09:36,
RE: Leg or breast?
(8 September 2012, 09:32)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 September 2012, 09:21)Tigs Wrote:
(8 September 2012, 07:24)Paul Wrote: This thread reminded me of the film "Book of Eli". A post apocalyptic world film.
When they were checking fingernails for signs of too much 'human pork'.
Still can't work out why though. Perhaps Lizzie might know.
Anyway, leg is my choice thank you.

in the movie it never explains it but the novel does , they look at the hands for signs of shaking which is a symptom of Kuru disease kuru disease

NR what if crops fail and preps have run out ? its a last resort for me

The UK has over 10,000 milies of coastline heaving with molluscs, shellfish, crabs, edible sea weed and you cannot ever be more than about 70 miles from it.
Confused yuk!! i hate sea food Tongue what would you do if the coast was polluted and you have no way of getting out to deep water ?
8 September 2012, 09:59,
(8 September 2012, 09:36)Tigs Wrote:
(8 September 2012, 09:32)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 September 2012, 07:24)Paul Wrote: This thread reminded me of the film "Book of Eli". A post apocalyptic world film.

in the movie it never explains it but the novel does , they look at the hands for signs of shaking which is a symptom of Kuru disease kuru disease

The UK has over 10,000 milies of coastline heaving with molluscs, shellfish, crabs, edible sea weed and you cannot ever be more than about 70 miles from it.
Confused yuk!! i hate sea food Tongue what would you do if the coast was polluted and you have no way of getting out to deep water ?

If the entire coast was polluted the world would be dying so it wouldnt matter

8 September 2012, 10:11,

cheers for the link tigs didnt no it was real fort it was just for the film
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 September 2012, 10:57,
no very real ! when i first saw the movie ( before reading the book ) i thought it was something to do with radiation sickness or mad cows disease was not until i read the book it explains it
8 September 2012, 11:18,
Like I said, sheet acting, sheet everything, very disappointing, I could never eat a human but if it was processed into green wafer things and I really wanted to survive, maybe I could suffer the green wafers.
But if you look how the people in the film were living in squalor and starving and dying, I don't wanna live like that and I wouldn't lose the will to live. So you ask me, why do you prep then?
I don't mind foraging, I don't mind being homeless, I don't mind the hard graft.
I can put up with a lot... the human body can put up with all sorts of hardship where as in my opinion the mind cannot.
I like being me, I like who I am and if I have to become a killing machine and a nut job, I'd rather just die Sad
I want to survive, of course I do but not live in a world of evil and distrusting every single person I come across, Having to look over my shoulder, Having human blood on my hands, Stealing food from children, watching people and the world around me die. It's not for me Sad....Just sayin Smile
8 September 2012, 11:30,
Joking aside I'm pretty much in line with NR. If your crops fail, you cant trade labour for food, wrong time of year for foraging much of any worth, and the coast and rivers are screwed, then to be honest we are pretty much fooked anyway whether you fancy munching on your next door neighbour or not.

Personally I think the likelyhood of all the above happening together are so remote that I haven't even considered it and probably wont unless I found myself in the position of having to choose one way or the other.

As mentioned before, I'll be sticking to the coastline if it all goes to crap.

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
8 September 2012, 11:33,
In the film, everything in the sea had died, haven't the foggiest why but it had, that's why there were living of algae. It would take something mega for that to happen but I suppose like everything else, it COULD happen.
8 September 2012, 11:50,
the book does not say what fully happened but it does mention a global war !
8 September 2012, 11:57,
Anyone for booby burger? botty burger? Help yourself, I'll be dead. All I ask is you dissect me in a nice gentle, respectful manner Smile
8 September 2012, 12:11,
(8 September 2012, 11:18)Prepaday Wrote: Like I said, sheet acting, sheet everything, very disappointing, I could never eat a human but if it was processed into green wafer things and I really wanted to survive, maybe I could suffer the green wafers.
But if you look how the people in the film were living in squalor and starving and dying, I don't wanna live like that and I wouldn't lose the will to live. So you ask me, why do you prep then?
I don't mind foraging, I don't mind being homeless, I don't mind the hard graft.
I can put up with a lot... the human body can put up with all sorts of hardship where as in my opinion the mind cannot.
I like being me, I like who I am and if I have to become a killing machine and a nut job, I'd rather just die Sad
I want to survive, of course I do but not live in a world of evil and distrusting every single person I come across, Having to look over my shoulder, Having human blood on my hands, Stealing food from children, watching people and the world around me die. It's not for me Sad....Just sayin Smile

fact is there will always be those people that will fight and kill for others, it already happens thats why you are safe /safe'ish at the moment , army, navy ,air force, police even paramedics . Even after TSHTF there will be those people that consider humanity and civilized way too important to give the up, creating communities and groups of survivors and willing to protect those who either cant or wont protect themselves , not everyone is a born fighter , but its amazing what you will do when push comes to shove

the secret for those that wont or cant defend them self is to find a group or community that need there other skills either before (ideally) or just after TSHTF either that or find a good place to hide until things settle down !!Rolleyes erm! guess in preaching to the choir here!!!Big Grin