Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the meat go further
8 September 2012, 17:14,
RE: Making the meat go further
I wish £40 was all the money I spend a week but I forgot to mention, now my fella is back to work, The kids have packed lunch, That's £25 extra now, plus gas and electric, We have swapped normal fags for baccy...yuk, and my fella is £20 for a weekly bus pass for work, (We ditched the car) It's not so bad cutting back/down on stuff and it made us realise the amount of money we used to waste. My weekly bottle of vodka is now a bottle of v-kat, and real cola is now Tesco's own saving £6 Smile
I buy cheap as chips shampoo but a half decent conditioner, One fortnight I buy good washing powder and mix it in with cheap washing powder,
I'm always up for more tips on how to save on the shopping or cutting back on stuff, so any info welcome, No I won't cut my bottle of V-cat or me smokes lol
8 September 2012, 17:24,
A little bit of what you fancy does you good.
We like books, The works specials normally 4 for £5.
SWMBO is in luv with Jack Reacher though "6'5", 225lbs, sex on legs" I'm being told to type.
"The real one not the half pint Tom Cruise version".
Personally I don't see what the attraction is!
Me being 5'11", 160lbs.
Ho hum.
Paul

8 September 2012, 17:25,
our normal weekly shop is £40...apart from once a month when we go to Tesco's and thats about £55...but that dosent include any meat...we dont eat Supermarket meat(at all) but buy our meat from a local farm shop or a decent weekly market...as and when we have room in the freezer.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 September 2012, 17:35,
personally for the last week or so ive lived off less than a tenner xD cup o soups and bacon butties lol, that and whatever else i find in the house xD

@prepaday, yes rollies arent as nice as straights, but after a while you get a taste for them and will prefer them, not to mention you get so many fags out of 1 pouch and also each fag burns for longer typically, and its also healthier, less heavy metals and various additiives, straights have additives to promote even burning, slow burning, stop them going out, all sorts, so your smoking less chemicals now Big Grin

also if you got mates who go on holiday then ask them to buy you some fags, a pack of straights is like 2 pounds over in europe Tongue....ill pm you in a bit with another way to get cheap fags Big Grin

also anyone here make their own alcohol? been meaning to try for a while just aint got there yet (too much other shit goin on)...but just wondering how much it costs Smile cant imagine it being much Tongue yeast and potatoes cost sod all Big Grin
8 September 2012, 17:38,
Another way to cheap fags....yeah pick the dog ends off the street like a few of em do here lol
8 September 2012, 17:41,
(8 September 2012, 17:38)Prepaday Wrote: Another way to cheap fags....yeah pick the dog ends off the street like a few of em do here lol

oh god no Sad not butt soup...was bad enough smoking my own fag butts from my ashtray, let alone the ones on the street Tongue.....luckily my mums bringing back a bunch of cheap fags from holiday Big Grin
8 September 2012, 17:46,
You don't like butts? Strange, I'm sure I saw a post on here today/last night saying the opposite lol, ok, I will behave now, Thanks for the PM Smile
8 September 2012, 17:49,
I like the Jack Reacher novels as well. Jeffrey Deaver is another of my favs and he has written the new James Bond movie Skyfall. Can't wait.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin