Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear
9 September 2012, 21:20,
Gear
Be truthful here can you put your hands on every bit of kit you have
Do you know we're everything is are you organized ? And if so are the gear in bags ready to go or neat on shelves cupboard s etc
I no were everything is but it changes from time to time in what I think is a priority

Bd
9 September 2012, 21:50,
RE: Gear
To be honest I couldn'y lay my hands on everything without a little search. I know roughly where everything is but everything I need quickly I can get quickly. The stuff I can't get is put away for a rainy day.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 September 2012, 21:52,
I know where all my stuff is, but that's because I don't have very much of it. I envy some of the preps you lot have in place. Still, anything is better than nothing!
9 September 2012, 21:59,
Nup the only ready constant is the BOBs and EDCs and even then stuff like batteries, light sticks, pens, pain killers etc have a habit of disappearing from them, plus we keep eating the food supplies !!!

I do manage to keep 95% of our gear in plastic bags, waterproof food containers and large plastic storage boxes but its nigh on impossible to keep track of everything.

9 September 2012, 22:13,
I'm clearing out the garage and shed at the moment and keep finding stuff I had forgotten I had stashed away because I had either replaced it for a better quality item or discarded it from one of the bags. I reckon I could set up a shop selling cheap multitools with the amount I keep finding.

All the important stuff I can lay my hands on straight away but I'm sure the extras and other bits and pieces move by themselves because I can never remember putting them where I find them
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
9 September 2012, 22:49,

I know exactly where all my stuff is. Because I'm moving again, it's all in a boxWink

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
9 September 2012, 23:36,
I've no idea where everything is.
Last practice we held (triggered by a flood alert) took us 4 hours to get the basics together and the house looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

Wrote out a lovely list at the end as stuff was put away.
Then we spring cleaned.
List in the bin now.

We used to have a proud boast that everything we owned would fit in the back of our two vehicles. Used to.
Now, a Luton box van would be needed plus the van.

Never pays to stay in one place for a long time does it?

10 September 2012, 01:39,
every thing that is vital is no more than 30 minutes to gather up and put in rucksack, all extras are no more than a further 20 mins, or more depending on how much extra you need, still alot more stuff to buy however, but all the basics are there Smile

so i do need further organissation, but for most things my current "organisation" will suffice!
10 September 2012, 08:50, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2012, 08:51 by NorthernRaider.)
(9 September 2012, 22:49)TOF Wrote: I know exactly where all my stuff is. Because I'm moving again, it's all in a boxWink

Gypsey Rose Tof
I cant even remember where I buried the body !!!! ................. Whoops Smile