Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A surprise when shopping returns
10 September 2012, 00:20,
A surprise when shopping returns
An update on "A surprise when shopping". Undecided

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=2341

Yep it's happened again.
Local shopping and the same woman from last time walks straight up to me and asks if I'm a prepper again. Huh

This time I'm ready for her. No fluster, no distractions, and got her talking.
Apparently there is a local LDS circle or whatever near where I live.
First I've heard about it but nothing new there.
Comes with keeping your head down I suppose.

Apparently I've swopped LDS storage tips with one of their members Huh

Huh? Swopped storage tips?
Couldn't think who I would have spoken to but I carried on.
Eventually it came out.

I was talking in our local hardware shop about storing my garden produce to one of her 'family'.
That's it!
A chance comment about building a solar drying rack for onions and I'm nailed.

So what to do?
I asked about her "family". Isn't that what they call their fellow brethren? Anyway it worked.
Apparently a conclusion had been drawn that I might be "a lost soul" from another life and attempts were being made to "bring me back in".

OK, I'm usually pretty calm about things yet a feeling of 'entrapment' came over me. Hell I'm paranoid most of the time but REALLY! Angry

So I quietly explained that I wasn't a 'lost soul', a prepper, a religious type, and didn't need saving.
All politely but I suppose you could say 'firmly'. Dodgy

Discussion dropped, she fussed the dawg and left but not before quietly saying that her group wasn't going to give up on me!!!!!!!!!!!

Scary. Confused
If I hadn't already got a good reason to leave town (and we really are trying to do just that), I sure as hell have now!

10 September 2012, 01:04, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2012, 01:09 by The Local Ned.)
RE: A surprise when shopping returns
LOL .

Repent brother , it will surely be them thar scientologists next Smile
How they managed to work out you were a lost soul from produce drying info?

Holy jeebus - thats some leap to take...the sky wizard alone knows what way these religious nuts think...no wonder some of these cults do the mass suicide thing. So frakkin gullible and so out of touch.

Laugh it off BP , unless ya really need 'saved' that is Big Grin

Wink
(10 September 2012, 01:04)The Local Ned Wrote: LOL .

Repent brother , it will surely be them thar scientologists next Smile
How they managed to work out you were a lost soul from produce drying info?

Holy jeebus - thats some leap to take...the sky wizard alone knows what way these religious nuts think...no wonder some of these cults do the mass suicide thing. So frakkin gullible and so out of touch.

Laugh it off Paul , unless ya really need 'saved' that is Big Grin

Wink

Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
10 September 2012, 01:36,
hah! so it was a simple attempt at conversion to a cult, nothing more sinister like pc plod undercover lool
10 September 2012, 06:42,
lol you sure she was not on lsd? lds latter day saints! Mormons or is that moomins ?
10 September 2012, 08:23,
we used to get the JW coming round when we lived in Somerset...i politely said i didnt want "saving" and shut the door in their faces, these days we've got a sign on the door which says(nearly) the same thing.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 September 2012, 08:34,
(10 September 2012, 00:20)Paul Wrote: An update on "A surprise when shopping". Undecided

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=2341

Yep it's happened again.
Local shopping and the same woman from last time walks straight up to me and asks if I'm a prepper again. Huh

This time I'm ready for her. No fluster, no distractions, and got her talking.
Apparently there is a local LDS circle or whatever near where I live.
First I've heard about it but nothing new there.
Comes with keeping your head down I suppose.

Apparently I've swopped LDS storage tips with one of their members Huh

Huh? Swopped storage tips?
Couldn't think who I would have spoken to but I carried on.
Eventually it came out.

I was talking in our local hardware shop about storing my garden produce to one of her 'family'.
That's it!
A chance comment about building a solar drying rack for onions and I'm nailed.

So what to do?
I asked about her "family". Isn't that what they call their fellow brethren? Anyway it worked.
Apparently a conclusion had been drawn that I might be "a lost soul" from another life and attempts were being made to "bring me back in".

OK, I'm usually pretty calm about things yet a feeling of 'entrapment' came over me. Hell I'm paranoid most of the time but REALLY! Angry

So I quietly explained that I wasn't a 'lost soul', a prepper, a religious type, and didn't need saving.
All politely but I suppose you could say 'firmly'. Dodgy

Discussion dropped, she fussed the dawg and left but not before quietly saying that her group wasn't going to give up on me!!!!!!!!!!!

Scary. Confused
If I hadn't already got a good reason to leave town (and we really are trying to do just that), I sure as hell have now!

Thats quite odd cos i have gotton on well with loads of Mormons both locally and internationally and none have ever tried to recruit me but all were willing to share prepping tips with me. That included Storming Mormon on Misc Surv. Rest assured mate they are totally benign and are more likely to offer you simple kindness rather than conversion.

10 September 2012, 10:43,
Do you live in Jones Town?
10 September 2012, 11:41,
(10 September 2012, 08:23)bigpaul Wrote: we used to get the JW coming round when we lived in Somerset...i politely said i didnt want "saving" and shut the door in their faces, these days we've got a sign on the door which says(nearly) the same thing.Big Grin

similar reason im a pastafarian, that way i answer the door, say no thanks im a pastafarian, they ask me what it is, and i end up lecturing them xD
10 September 2012, 18:47,
I'm not sure if the ones over here are the same as the ones in the US but if they are then she might have access to all sorts of preserving equipment and bulk food stocks. If you bump into her again it might be worth asking about their local groups preps and whether you could have access to their cannery or whatever else they have.

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected