Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libyans murder US Embassador, Egypt and Libya attack embassies.
14 September 2012, 14:58,
RE: Libyans murder US Embassador, Egypt and Libya attack embassies.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/w...10837.html

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/09...ttack.html

food for thought...
16 September 2012, 17:24, (This post was last modified: 16 September 2012, 17:46 by HunterNurturer.)
(14 September 2012, 06:00)Tigs Wrote: the koran does not actually preach challenging or eradicating other faiths nor does it say that woman should be covered or that the are less equal to men ! in fact it says the other faiths should accepted and understood also it says women are equal to men !! its not the faith or the koran thats to blame its the Imams that use the koran for there own gains a misinterpret is meaning , both the koran and bible state the we should beware false prophets , theses war mongering imams are the false prophets!!

No, you're wrong. No offense but you're spouting the same BS as all the other islamic apologists who have never opened the Qu'ran.
The Qu'ran is not being misinterpreted - the hard line islamists and those who fight for islam are the true believers and hold a higher place in heaven according to the Qu'ran (4:95).

Islam regularly challenges other faiths and talks about killing unbelievers (not just that unbelievers will burn in the fire and all the other graphic details of how they will be tortured in hell, it specifically compells muslims to fight them now) -
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled." (9:29)

This isn't a misinterpreted quote from an anti-islamist, this is a quote from the pro-islam quran.com, and there are many more like it.

Don't fall into the trap of believing the media's politically correct views. Don't say it's just the fault of individuals or extreme preachers, take a look at the book that they're getting it from! It's the Qu'ran that's fundamentally at fault, it reads like a case study for brainwashing an army and is anything but peaceful.

My personal favourite:
"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise." (4:56)
And as for women being treated equally... lol!

And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her.

24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands

4:34 Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Another one of the thousands of quotes creating an "us against them" mentality in the Qu'ran:
4:101 And when you travel throughout the land, there is no blame upon you for shortening the prayer, [especially] if you fear that those who disbelieve may disrupt [or attack] you. Indeed, the disbelievers are ever to you a clear enemy.

Again note, these quotes are all from quran.com and are not biased against islam or misinterpreted. I feel like I should also find one of the verses that says that a true believer must follow every word of the Quran, just to really put in perspective that it's the moderate muslims who are misinterpreting it.
16 September 2012, 21:37,
Depends which bit you read.

Its not in order. The bits that were written when Islam were not powerful and only a handfull of people preach tolerance and "hey cant we all get along". Once Islam had a decent sized number of followers the new verses "sword verses" are a bit more antagonistic. Later verses over right earlier parts. These are in the hadith and sura (I forget which is which) but they are either notes ol' Mo wrote himself or other peoples stories about hanging around with him in his adventures.

Check this documentary. Sorry its over an hour long :/ worth a watch, though from what I have read above many of you don't need any convincing to think the way you already do.

islam: what the west needs to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvCQbzPKiI
16 September 2012, 22:46,
every religion has its nutters, always have and always will do.
Its a shame really, something that was probably started millenia ago for the good of mankind, just like everything else has been hijacked by the usual idiots...My gods better than your god because he doesnt eat pork, no my gods better because we dont eat beef bla bla bla bla....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 September 2012, 17:19,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19625167
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 September 2012, 17:42,
I go along with a quote i read the other day -

"Religion - for all those too stupid to understand science"
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
17 September 2012, 18:09,
(17 September 2012, 17:42)IB1 Wrote: I go along with a quote i read the other day -

"Religion - for all those too stupid to understand science"

i prefer the "Sheep lead by donkeys"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 September 2012, 18:34,
(16 September 2012, 21:37)Carnebwen Wrote: Depends which bit you read.

Its not in order. The bits that were written when Islam were not powerful and only a handfull of people preach tolerance and "hey cant we all get along". Once Islam had a decent sized number of followers the new verses "sword verses" are a bit more antagonistic. Later verses over right earlier parts. These are in the hadith and sura (I forget which is which) but they are either notes ol' Mo wrote himself or other peoples stories about hanging around with him in his adventures.

Check this documentary. Sorry its over an hour long :/ worth a watch, though from what I have read above many of you don't need any convincing to think the way you already do.

islam: what the west needs to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvCQbzPKiI

Absolutely right, and in many cases the "peaceful" verses are abrogated (overruled) by the more violent, contradictory verses.
This is one of the great jokes of the Quran - it is supposed to be the exact Word of Allah, spoken through Mohammed, yet it's filled with contradictions. Muslims deny there are ANY contradictions whatsoever and do mental gymnastics to try and prove it, but the fact that almost all islamic scholars accept abrogation in the Quran implies it has inherent contradictions.
The best verse on this in the Quran:
"2:106: None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?"

In other words, the Quran doesn't abrogate any of it's scripture... except for the parts it does Big Grin

Oh, and Suras = chapters of the Quran. Hadith = supposed sayings of Mohammed and stories of his life, but were written after he died and so are considered a distant second in terms of authority to the Quran.
17 September 2012, 23:53,
remember swine flu, where did that one go? THE POWER OF CONTROLLED MEDIA not only in the west its a worldwide fear TOOL (look beyond) then you see who is doing what and why
18 September 2012, 06:30,
(17 September 2012, 23:53)Straight Shooter Wrote: remember swine flu, where did that one go? THE POWER OF CONTROLLED MEDIA not only in the west its a worldwide fear TOOL (look beyond) then you see who is doing what and why

its all about control , keep the people scared and they are easier to control with the promise of a cure, with food and if offered protection!