Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any doctors or trained medical personnel know what these are?
14 September 2012, 22:19,
any doctors or trained medical personnel know what these are?
so my dad was rooting around in his mums house and found these and i was wondering if anyone had the slightest clue what the hell they are (both my grandparents were doctors btw)

phenobarbitone sodium 3 grains in 2cc
vials of morphine sulphate
procaine 2% - adrenaline 1 in 50,000
corvotone - nikethamide 25%

any light shed on this would be lovely Smile
15 September 2012, 06:57,
RE: any doctors or trained medical personnel know what these are?
phenobarbitone sodium:- is a barbiturate and the most widely used anticonvulsant worldwide

morphine sulphate :- what says it is morphine

procaine:- Procaine is a local anesthetic drug of the amino ester group

adrenaline :- again what says it is

nikethamide:- Nikethamide is a stimulant which mainly affects the respiratory cycle.
15 September 2012, 07:18,
thanks dude! morphine an adrenaline were easy lol, but the others i had no idea about xD...i think ill be bundling those into my makeshift medkit then, along with all the needles and sutures and such like we found xD...amazing the drugs you can find in a house with 2 doctors lol (well none now, 1's dead and the other just went into a home :p )

well im gonna be going and having a route around myself today, so i may be back with some more questions Smile cheers for the swift reply mate!
15 September 2012, 08:36,
you should check the expiration date on them anything old than 15 year past its expiry date i would think twice about!! Harvard Medical School
15 September 2012, 09:27, (This post was last modified: 15 September 2012, 09:27 by Hrusai.)
(15 September 2012, 08:36)Tigs Wrote: you should check the expiration date on them anything old than 15 year past its expiry date i would think twice about!! Harvard Medical School

ah well they're in their original packaging frmo like 1967 or something xD so they sure aint fresh lol
but need to double check Tongue
15 September 2012, 09:46,
(15 September 2012, 09:27)Hrusai Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 08:36)Tigs Wrote: you should check the expiration date on them anything old than 15 year past its expiry date i would think twice about!! Harvard Medical School

ah well they're in their original packaging frmo like 1967 or something xD so they sure aint fresh lol
but need to double check Tongue

Big Grin lol just 45 years old then! older than i am Rolleyes just
15 September 2012, 09:56,
(15 September 2012, 09:46)Tigs Wrote: Big Grin lol just 45 years old then! older than i am Rolleyes just

hah, nearly as old as me dad lol

oddly not the weridest thing we've found in that house lol, i shant mention the absolute weirdest things, but we got fetus's in jars xD
15 September 2012, 09:58,
lol very weird
16 September 2012, 09:13,
You keeping the fetus or donating it to a school/museam?

Talking about this at a carboot with me mam. I wonder what everyones house is like? Some will be cramed with junk some will be tidy but everyone will own something odd. I dont have a fetus but got a dolphin skull and a stuffed gull.
16 September 2012, 10:47, (This post was last modified: 16 September 2012, 10:55 by Barneyboy.)
(15 September 2012, 09:56)Hrusai Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 09:46)Tigs Wrote: Big Grin lol just 45 years old then! older than i am Rolleyes just

oddly not the weridest thing we've found in that house lol, i shant mention the absolute weirdest things, but we got fetus's in jars xD

i think that againt the law pal
(15 September 2012, 09:56)Hrusai Wrote:

nop its not its ok in the uk very odd
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!