Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living permanantly in your BOL prior to an event ?
20 October 2011, 15:31,
RE: Living permanantly in your BOL prior to an event ?
Dana,

Sounds like a good situation. Mine is not as good but nowhere near as bad as being in a major urban area. Even so iIm still looking to relocate where funds permit.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 October 2011, 22:19,
My family and I moved home 6 times in just over 2 years until we finally settled here, and here is both our home and BOL. We were driven to the desperate moves after multiple unpleasant but highly motivating problems that hit us living on Teesside. So now we have settled in this small rural village, low crime, started updating the house with wood burning stove and storing wood, fitted double glazing etc.
After making great in depth studies of modern British society I am of the believe it would probably be almost impssible to bug OUT, but still feasable to bug IN.
24 October 2011, 13:16,
I live in social housing on a housing estate on the fringes of a very small country town(population 1306) in Northern Devon, its not perfect (all electric no gas) but its much better than anywhere else i've lived before, i would love to move somewhere more remote, no near neighbours, my own property so i could do all those things i want to do( put in a log stove, keep chickens) but its not possible at the moment due to finances, so i'm bugging in here for the long term, i have a BOL i can go to if things get ugly but i dont own it so it would be a "bolt hole" at best.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 October 2011, 15:57,
1306 isn't much. I live on the outskirts of a much larger town and I am planning to block entries, collapse roads and make things look abandoned.

However, this is all based on the assumption (Ouch) that the neighbours will leave or die off. There is much that can go wrong.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 October 2011, 16:56,
i agree, i think a lot of (my) neighbours will leave-go to family in a larger town, or die off-a lot of them are either old people or are single parents with young children.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 October 2011, 19:08,
you should sound your neighbours out see where they lie about prepping it could help you out to have a group of like minded people to start with if you wait until tshtf then you all might be thinking who's going to robb who.
as for me i hope my neighbour is the first person to go nasty person they are!!!!!!
to win the war, you must be willing to die
21 November 2011, 18:08,
How very dare you consider surviving, especialy now with the government cuts, you should give all your preps and guns up to your betters so that they may survive in the manner to which their acustomed, I mean its not easy for cameron you know having to give our hard earned money to greece, having to eat all those banquets he even has to loosen his belt himself for gods sake...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
21 November 2011, 18:20,
(24 October 2011, 19:08)grumpy old man Wrote: you should sound your neighbours out see where they lie about prepping it could help you out to have a group of like minded people to start with if you wait until tshtf then you all might be thinking who's going to robb who.
as for me i hope my neighbour is the first person to go nasty person they are!!!!!!
sorry Grumpy, i think you'r wrong there, the last thing i want to do is tell my neighbours that i have provisions, then i'll get all the single mothers around:"i've got to have it, i've got a baby", no ruddy way Jose!
21 November 2011, 18:35,
(21 November 2011, 18:20)bigpaul Wrote: [
sorry Grumpy, i think you'r wrong there, the last thing i want to do is tell my neighbours that i have provisions, then i'll get all the single mothers around:"i've got to have it, i've got a baby", no ruddy way Jose!

I'm the same I've no interest in helping the sheeple masses or joining a commune to help out, I like the independant but mutually supporting aspect that many American preppers have.

21 November 2011, 19:22,
a community of people like i knew when we lived in Glastonbury is one thing, lots of knowledge there from herbal remedies to foraging to shelter building but not a community of what we have here, sheeple of the first order and lots of single mothers with hordes of kids-breeding is about the only thing they KNOW how to do and they do it soooo well!!