Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese General Prepares for war
22 September 2012, 09:48,
RE: Chinese General Prepares for war
im pretty sure theres still a functional base in weymouth, and a few others around dorset...looks like you skipped it xD
22 September 2012, 10:45,
(22 September 2012, 09:48)Hrusai Wrote: im pretty sure theres still a functional base in weymouth, and a few others around dorset...looks like you skipped it xD

RNAS Portland has been out of service since 1999. I always had an interest in it because I used to be dragged to Weymouth on my holidays by my parents when I was a child!

Today it's just the coastguard who use what remains of it.

@ NR: It's incomplete aka a work in progress, so feel free to point out any omissions when I put the full UK one up!

I should also have said:

1. Red = primary targets
2. Blue = secondary targets
3. The circles are 10 miles in diameter and represent the blast zones (which may vary of course depending on yield).
4. I've tried to be very precise with pinpointing exact locations, but it's been a very draining process and so occasional mistakes may have been made.

I'll hopefully get the full map on over the weekend.
22 September 2012, 11:33, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 11:38 by NorthernRaider.)
Corsham Super Bunker which even apparently now out of service !!!! is still getting millions spent on it, its under Boxhill the entrance is next to the railway tunnel.
CFM Sir you appear to be very interested in the infrastructure involved in military and national defence logistics, Have you visited

Subterainia Britanica http://www.subbrit.org.uk/
Secret underground Bunker type sites
http://www.nettleden.com/

and read Beneath the city streets by Peter Laurie

22 September 2012, 11:46,
Thats a decent map showing the target areas, we are a long way from any target thankfully...unless of course someone uses a great humongous bomb then no where is safe!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 11:53, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 12:00 by NorthernRaider.)
nb pen hill, stockland hill and caradon hill are major by microwave relay stations and they are targets as well.
figure 22 of war plan uk.

hawthorn / burlington etc is the code name for corsham super bunker.

according to war plan uk in the sw the following are essentuiial srvice routes and likely to get the shit bombed out of them
a30
m5
a388
a38
a3085
a358
a372
a303
a350
a31
a36
a350
fig 10 essential service routes sw war plan uk

ex square leg nuclear targets were listed as
falmouth
plymouth
exeter
portland
yeovilton
boscombe down
southampton
portsmouth
filton
bristol
lyneham
fairford
cheltenham
figure 3 war plan uk
Military road system code for south west routes is CAT and based around the a30
the rotor network for sw included
box (corsham)
treleaver
hope cove
portland
sopley
hartland point
west myne ventnor

22 September 2012, 12:50,
Excellent stuff NR, I knew I could rely on you! And I'll go through those links and see what can be gleaned.

I should also mention that I am not including every military base as I think in a WW3 scenario only critical military infrastructure (comms, munitions depots, air bases, naval bases, special forces and a few others such as major bridges, motorways, railway hubs) would be hit, leaving the likes of TA bases, minor barracks, etc. alone or reserved until a few days after the initial strikes.

Nuclear war doctrine entails a massive initial salvo so the attacker's stockpiles of nukes would presumably be rapidly depleted. beyond that, they would hope to unleash a conventional offensive, or so the theory goes.

One thing that's become clear in this project is that any decapitating nuclear strike aimed at the UK's military would massively impact on civilian infrastructure too. Beyond the loss of life in the blast zones, there would be sudden chaos as people struggle to find food / supplies / loved ones, during which time fallout would be drifting across the land.
22 September 2012, 13:02,
(22 September 2012, 11:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: nb pen hill, stockland hill and caradon hill are major by microwave relay stations and they are targets as well.
figure 22 of war plan uk.

hawthorn / burlington etc is the code name for corsham super bunker.

according to war plan uk in the sw the following are essentuiial srvice routes and likely to get the shit bombed out of them
a30
m5
a388
a38
a3085
a358
a372
a303
a350
a31
a36
a350
fig 10 essential service routes sw war plan uk

ex square leg nuclear targets were listed as
falmouth
plymouth
exeter
portland
yeovilton
boscombe down
southampton
portsmouth
filton
bristol
lyneham
fairford
cheltenham
figure 3 war plan uk
Military road system code for south west routes is CAT and based around the a30
the rotor network for sw included
box (corsham)
treleaver
hope cove
portland
sopley
hartland point
west myne ventnor

Now i KNOW we picked the right area to move back to...we are nowhere near any of the above!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 15:11,
Great I move to somewhere I thought would be quiet and safe in hampshire and this happens. I think I need to rethink about moving somewhere else grrr
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
22 September 2012, 18:02,
(20 September 2012, 10:24)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2012, 08:53)Barneyboy Wrote: i will be ok down here no army bases or anything down here Wink

....apart from Sizewell B of course!! Oops.!

yeah i was being sarcastic we in norfolk are fuckedSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 September 2012, 18:19, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 18:19 by NorthernRaider.)
For those of you seeking a spot safe from nuclear, biological or other anhialation I know a spot about 800 miles south of Mcmurdo base in Antartica, for the rest of you .. well you can put into practice the special survival technique for nuclear war, stand with your feet apart put your hands on your heads, bend forward putting your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye.
I've found three places I can hide Na naa naaa Smile