Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum wide challenges if you fancy it...
23 September 2012, 21:44,
RE: Forum wide challenges if you fancy it...
well i just have a look and if i don,t like it i move to something i do like ( there will be enough slagging and slatting later so just focus on the bigger picture..... else we all waste time ) this is not the place for conflict we are here to overcome it
23 September 2012, 22:10,
RE: Forum wide challenges if you fancy it...
I can't believe I'm getting involved in one of these debates. I'm always the well behaved one ;-)

But, to put it bluntly, I agree with both on this.

I get the idea that many people probably don't realise how hard it is to shoot straight, load a gun, fire an arrow, or anything like that (even tie your own shoelaces)is in the cold when you're falling asleep, shivering, and really not all there. So in that regard, I agree with Prepper1. However, I also agree with Binary Ninja, telling people to do it as a forum wide challenge is kind of dangerous to those that will simply do things when told to...like me.

Oddly though, like many others on here, I have thermals and waterproofs in every cache I have made. So if anything happens, I'm cool (well, technically I'll be warm haha).

I think Prepper1 is making a good point clear to people on the forum, actually doing stuff while stressed, tired, and cold, is REALLY difficult.
I also agree with Binary Ninja, that making it into a challenge is potentially very dangerous, especially to the young and very old.

Better to say....go on a ski trip, realise you look like a bellend, then go snowboarding instead. (I'm not sure how that applies to this, but at some point, you'll get cold) Or, if you can't go on a ski trip, just check out youtube. There will probably be a video on there about the effects of cold exposure....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BiaWW6EZI
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin