Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi from North Lincs
21 September 2012, 10:51,
RE: Hi from North Lincs
Welcome to the forum.

We're a friendly lot and are as happy to teach as we are to learn. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 September 2012, 18:42,
RE: Hi from North Lincs
(19 September 2012, 21:38)T-oddity Wrote: Been lurking for a few days now, so I thought I ought to say hi.
I'm ex military, REME for those in the know, so I can fix things ... occassionalyConfused
Had an interest in survival from as far back as my teens, in later years I've got more into self sufficiency and permaculture, I grow, forage and hunt a fare portion of our food.
These days I work within the Forest School fraternity with kids and adults of all ages, but mostly teenage lads that the local schools can't or won't deal with.
I've always been a bit of a prepper, got a well stocked store and alternative ways to cook and heat the house if the power goes down, but not made any serious preparations for the world turning to custard, but the times are a changing and my gut feeling is to get ready and my gut feelings have saved my neck on more than one occassion before now!

So here I am to learn what I can and share what I know.

hey hey Smile welcome