Southwest Campout Thingy
21 September 2012, 12:51,
RE: Southwest Campout Thingy
That's a fair point BP, but as I always say...Fitness!!! haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 September 2012, 13:00,
i'm just saying it might put people off! if anyone is interested there is a campsite near me: Hole Station Campsite (Adults only), Highampton, Beaworthy, Devon EX21 5JH each pitch comes with its own fire pit, and its £8 per person per night. its off the main road, on a cycle path out in the countryside. anyway, its got its own website, have a look and see what you think!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2012, 20:00,
its certainly a nice campsite BP just had a look Smile

alright peeps, keep the suggestions coming, the more the merrier, when we got plenty we can vote or something Smile
21 September 2012, 20:40,
This website lists camping sites that allow open fires, it might narrow down the search a bit

http://campfires.cc/html/south_west.html

Hampshire/Dorset would be my first choice but I dont mind travelling further if thats closer to everyone else
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
23 September 2012, 11:27,
(20 September 2012, 08:54)Hrusai Wrote: So, any southern members fancy a campout? basically just gauging interest and suchlike, also if anyone knows of any good places to go that would be great Big Grin

im think a bunch of tinnies, some tents, maybe hunt some rabbits for dinner, chat about prepping, but mostly just to meet eachother and see whose about Big Grin

no date set yet, no location, all we know is we're thinking of somewhere in dorset, blandford or thereabouts is good Smile

so if your interested or know of some good places, post away!

(open campfires are a must, pyrotechnics would be nice too Smile )

does this mean your guna show me how to hunt haha xx
23 September 2012, 11:31,
(23 September 2012, 11:27)Laura Ann Wrote: does this mean your guna show me how to hunt haha xx

dunno if there'd be enough time, but hey if you wanna come and are making the trip im sure we could go out hunting the day after Smile...whenever this ends up happening xD

actually that raises another point, what date is convenient for everyone? obviously i'd like to arrange it to be on a day that we can all make, im free anytime, i reckon doing it in about a month or so would be good, should give us enough time to arrange everything Smile
23 September 2012, 16:38,
I'm available most weekends so should be able to fit in with whatever date is convenient with others

Well, most weekends except the next two....but other than that Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
23 September 2012, 22:17,
What time of year are we thinking? Won't be available for any of October, or half of November (long story), but don't plan it around me. I'm up for camping in the snow....again haha. Winter camping is great fun.

As long as BP isn't going to be running around naked, then I'll bring my fiancé....should be my wife by then ;-)
24 September 2012, 08:02,
There's a few weekends in November I can't do as I'm already out in the woods and there's a coastal foraging course that I'm on, and 2 in October that I can't make for the same reason. But as Scythe said, you lot pick a date then I'll try my best to make it Smile
3 October 2012, 20:54,
Can't do any camping at the end of this month. Got loads going on up in Warrington!!!

Really sorry.

Also, dad isn't too healthy right now, so I may end up cancelling last minute. Just thought I'd give a heads up. Set a date, I'll do what I can to get there.