Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK powdered egg supplier.
20 September 2012, 14:53,
RE: UK powdered egg supplier.
(20 September 2012, 14:27)bigpaul Wrote: i still think i'll go for the real thing, the Hen Welfare Trust people are not far from where we live so i MAY invest in 2 or 3 chickens in the future when the world situation warrants it.

But if you are truely bugged-in and keeping out of sight, this is an excellent source of long term storeable protine that appears to reconstitute well with minimal effort.

The real thing is best of course, but chickens are goung to be too noisy and difficult to tend for some of us.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

20 September 2012, 21:55,
I already keep chickens for fresh eggs, but would always have some powdered egg in the store cupboard, I've never had a problem using it either, handy for adding a bit of richness to a quick bannock.
20 September 2012, 22:12,
the very thing i was looking for CHEERS TOF
24 September 2012, 10:50,

Well, I placed an order on friday, and it arrived this morning. Well packaged and in good order. The thing is, it's the same company that sells Powdered egg on Ebay! BUT... buy direct from their website and it's much cheaper! I already know the product is good, so I will put this straight into storage. Oh, BBE date is 08/2013. Once packaged for storage it will keep for 5+ years.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
24 September 2012, 16:22,
Great find TQF.....when you say packaged for storage, are you talking mylar bags and OA's, cheers Jan
24 September 2012, 19:38,

I've switched from mylar bags to Kilner jars. But yes, I use OA's.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
17 December 2012, 19:16,
Big Paul, The dried egg in the war was great for making omelletes. When we went Camping (Boy Scouts) they were the number one breakfast with bacon. We used to camp on the farm with the farmers son who was a scout from another troop, and his father would give us tamatoes and other veg as well. Fried tomatoes went well with the dried egg and bacon omelletes. Kenneth Eames.
17 December 2012, 21:05,
The real thing is great, but if we are talking about after a SHTF emergency, then the real thing might not be available for long, as the sheeple start to go hungry and eat the chickens,..your supply of free range has just disapeared,... I and the other half will both be lookinging into this,.. good post
A major part of survival is invisibility.