Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy grow foods
21 November 2011, 03:52,
RE: Easy grow foods
(19 November 2011, 20:53)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'll be unhappy to be eating rat but I'll live with it. Just tell the kids it is rabbit or something.

No you tell them it is Rat so they see it as on the food chain, something happens to you your kids will need to know these things.

21 November 2011, 11:53,
(21 November 2011, 03:52)WetandCold Wrote:
(19 November 2011, 20:53)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'll be unhappy to be eating rat but I'll live with it. Just tell the kids it is rabbit or something.
No you tell them it is Rat so they see it as on the food chain, something happens to you your kids will need to know these things.

You are right. My kids wouldn't eat rabbit or pigeon but when we have a barbie now the kids will eat rabbit and pigeon. I fed it to them, asked them how they like it and when they said it was good I told them it was rabbit or pigeon.

I'd do the same with the Rat.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 November 2011, 15:10,
Any one know the best way to kill and prep birds,rabit or rat ? easy to kill them (ish) Whats the best way to prep them for cooking and best way to cook ,i know you could make a broth out of the left over bones

What parts don't we eat
Watch your six
8 December 2011, 23:50,
I'd imagine if you shot the Bird it would be dead ;-) you trap Rabbits and Rats, not sure about the Rat? maybe a smack on the head and you break a Rabbits neck, have to be careful skinning a Rabbit or there's not much left to eat. Rabbit stew, don't know much about eating Rats, my Dad used to make Pigeon pie, you'l find how to videos on you tube.
9 December 2011, 10:13,
Dont forget you can use terriers to catch rats squirrel etc, and you can also feed them bag to the terrier as food if cooked.

9 December 2011, 10:40,
with Pheasants its possible to find where they roost(on branches) and knock them off while they sleep, not so easy with smaller birds as they roost higher up. snares are probably a better bet than actually going hunting, it wastes less time when you could be doing something else.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2011, 12:39,
I like them to be dead before I go near them but if they are not it usually takes little to kill them. The problem is they squirm a lot, almost as if they don't want to feed us. A knock on the head with a thick stick or a knife handle does the smaller animals. Not tried a cow yet. I suspect a change of plan may be required. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 March 2012, 19:08,
Cucumbers are fairly easy to grow and quite prolific, tomatoes and carrots, they spring up pretty quickly, lettuce was also prolific for me. Though some toms grow better than others so have a couple varieties to get a good balance of growth