Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in
23 September 2012, 10:21,
RE: Bug in
(22 September 2012, 21:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: bugging in for me is a none starter although semi rural i just as well put a sign up ... flanked by a road one side and a foot path the other side, can,t see how that would work defence wise , given up the idea of a bunker even thow i got loads of room. looked at a farm house last sat (perfect) 1100ft elevation isolated like you would not believe, asking price £95 k they will never get that and they know it which is good THE PROBLEM IS the money ...my place is for sale and ...you guessed it no takers ..my back up bol not found yet got some plans but nothing solid, SD in one post said mid wales and isolated , have to agree with him ..but like most of us few will have the means NR given good ideas on his posts and alot of others to. if we look for the signs and recognise unfolding events we should have the time to BO . If you bug in the danger is you feel safer the you are and conflict with none preparred will be swift and odds are not good less you got a 50 cal auto .... my bow and crossbow would struggle a bit but i have one master stroke... my pa ... i will play (my bomarang won,t come back ) charlie drake ....... DON,T MESS WITH straight shooter i can be real nasty

Maybe you could do a basic layout of your property in MS Paint or something including the road+path and post it on here for others to give their input on how they would defend it?
I've been thinking about posting a basic blueprint of my property for the same reason. Shouldn't be any issue with OPSEC if nobody knows where you live.
23 September 2012, 10:52,
Make it a bit widen. Say 100 yrds minimum around the house. Just the house means little.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 September 2012, 11:43,
My house isnt the safest of places,but I figured the locals will be to busy stealing alcohol to pester me.
23 September 2012, 11:49,
I've been measuring the distance from various points around my house ( window, back gate etc) to various spots around my house where attackers could hide. This has allowed me to dial in preset ranges for the various bows etc I have for self defence, and the best place to lob Komrade Molitovs products from for maximum effect.

23 September 2012, 12:11,
(23 September 2012, 10:52)Skean Dhude Wrote: Make it a bit widen. Say 100 yrds minimum around the house. Just the house means little.

Just made a thread in the "Scenarios" section with small map of my house/area, can't wait to get some of you guy's opinions
23 September 2012, 20:26,
yeah it sounds cheep bp but water collected off roof no mains elec septic tank ....you would have get all building materials on a trailer yourself to get to the site ....all this i do not mind looking thru OUR eyes ... but they are selling for a different ( every thing is wonderfull) point of view ... plus there is only 1/4 acre and a total refurb is needed if it was to become my bug out loc where i would be bugging in forever
24 September 2012, 11:02,
i'm just wondering how long ANY of us can bug IN once the power goes off and the toilets start backing up?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 September 2012, 11:34,
My toilets wont back up cos I've got loads of roofspace to collect rain water for flushing and unlike many cities and lowand areas our sewerage system is primarily gravity fed and not pumped. But should it happen in time then i'll put a longdrop at the bottom of the garden.

24 September 2012, 11:45,
was thinking about it this morning whilst walking the dog, we have a pumping station at the lowest point on the estate by the flood plain, we live on the highest point right up the other end of the estate, if the power went off then the pumping station would cease..to pump that is, how soon would the sewage start backing up? would affect all the houses on the low side first, possibly raise all the manhole covers, we would have lots of notice being on the high side as we would hear all the sceaming as the toilets overflowed!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 September 2012, 14:00,
BP,

It flowsw downwards. The pumping station will be to put the water/sewage up somewhere. I suspect that sewage would never be an issue for you but you will run out of water into your home the instant the power goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin