Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Goldacre on Pharma Companies
25 September 2012, 18:39,
Ben Goldacre on Pharma Companies
A link to the foreword of Ben Goldacres new book showing what a bunch of lying twats most of the big pharma companies are

http://www.badscience.net/2012/09/heres-...-new-book/

Quote:Medicine is broken. And I genuinely believe that if patients and the public ever fully understand what has been done to them – what doctors, academics and regulators have permitted – they will be angry. On this, only you can judge

For anyone who doesnt know him, Goldacre is as far away from a youtube crank as you can get, he runs the website "Bad Science" and spends most of his time pulling apart the crap science spouted by a lot of journalists and youtube nuts.

Worth having a look at the link
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
25 September 2012, 20:44,
RE: Ben Goldacre on Pharma Companies
a fair point ib1 you got to go thru a lot of crap on youtube , but our brains should be able to sort out the chaff, youtube is a platform to anyone good or bad and a access to lies as well as truth
25 September 2012, 22:18,
I didnt mean that to sound quite how it read Smile

There is plenty of good stuff on youtube, you just need to keep the bs filter switched on
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
25 September 2012, 22:23,
Apart from music and some " How To " videos from skilled people like Nemesis I dont bother with YT, the survival "" Experts"" are a bloody embarresment and often talking a load of bollocks whilst trying to sell you something.