Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Northamptonshire
28 September 2012, 09:00,
Hello from Northamptonshire
Hi all

Very interesting forum. I hope I can give some good ideas and feedback and learn from others experiences.

Age 36 Male

Brief Background: Well now in advanced years I have retired the superbikes and clock up many miles commuting on my Harley Davidson WG, which I love. I enjoy reading fiction, military history and on the odd occassion even comics. I enjoy running and gym for fitness, less bodybuilding type stuff now, more training with own body weight. For kicks I like skydiving and skiing.

I have done formal survival training etc as well as a lot of free camping. Quite a good shot with the long rifle, shot at competition level but never won anythin Undecided so not that good Dodgy Do a bit of clay shooting now, but hoping to start practical shotgun next year if I have time/work allows.

What brought me here? Always been taught to be prepare and I cant help feeling things are not getting any better out there. I am a practical Bug In type of guy with no illusions of the fantasy of living in the hills. My SHTF scenario is economic collapse bringing low/mid level strife or worst case a Virus pandemic.

Best Regards

Biter

28 September 2012, 10:12,
RE: Hello from Northamptonshire
hello and welcome
28 September 2012, 12:38,
Welcome to the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 September 2012, 12:53,
Welcome from dorset Biter Smile

hope you enjoy the site, theres plenty of info here (all sorts of home protection ones as well, a few threads recently Smile ) so enjoy it all, and look forward to chatting Smile

28 September 2012, 15:30,
Welcome. I agree with the economic collapse possibility but it'll be less like the bubble bursting and more like the bubble deflating, slow and silent!
Pandemic is my worse nightmare, not much you can do to prep against that.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
28 September 2012, 17:04,
welcome from Cheshire Big Grin
28 September 2012, 22:17,
Welcome from peaceful Northern Ireland!
28 September 2012, 23:05,
hello and welcome from norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 September 2012, 23:23,
hello from wales.......... your gonna fit right in man enjoy the site