Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coldest winter for 100 years.
29 September 2012, 15:31,
RE: Coldest winter for 100 years.
(29 September 2012, 15:21)Juice Wrote: I cut up some radiator backing foil/Polystyrene and raped it twice around the vehicle battery.

gor blimey sounds like a ritual xD
29 September 2012, 15:49,
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/3488...on-the-way
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 September 2012, 16:08,
(29 September 2012, 15:31)Hrusai Wrote:
(29 September 2012, 15:21)Juice Wrote: I cut up some radiator backing foil/Polystyrene and raped it twice around the vehicle battery.

gor blimey sounds like a ritual xD

Haha that's funny!
Yes, once you've clicked on that 'post reply' button, there no going back!
Can't spell anyway.
Juice.
walk outside the box
29 September 2012, 16:26,
been gettin proper nippy lately Tongue so this doesnt surprise me awfully Tongue oh well, we got mountains of blankets, if it gets too bad we'll just turn off all radiators and live in one room Smile

heh yeah, ive found myself making mistakes and then being like, damn why no edit! xD
29 September 2012, 16:30,
Now would be a good time to check your fluids in the vehicles.

I think I might do a flush and renew my water/ anti freeze before the winter sets in proper
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
29 September 2012, 23:20,
(29 September 2012, 15:11)Hrusai Wrote:
(29 September 2012, 15:06)Paul Wrote: Ta muchly but that never worked for me.

There was a product a long while ago which was a gel pack wrap (which they called a battery hot water bottle) which ran from an extension lead but I'm damned if I can find it anywhere sensible.
Besides I'm not a fan of ebay shopping.
Too many bad experiences.

this sort of thing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-UTV-oil-pan-...21&vxp=mtr

as for ebay shopping, stick to well rated sellers and you cant go wrong, you can open disputes if it gets stupid and reclaim your money, 9 times out of 10 a seller will actively try and refund you/ resend the item...dont go for sellers with under 98% good feedback, higher is better

reason i know is cause we got an ebay business with over 20000 feedback, we're a large seller Big Grin and we shop alot on there ^^

Thanks for that Hrusai, just what I'm looking for.
BUT, four attempts at buying online things at Ebay, 3 failures.
Got my money back though so that bit works as you say.
No, I'm remaining old fashioned now and for ever more.
I want to go to a shop.
You'll remember them I'm sure, quaint little things with people you can talk to Big Grin
God I feel old! Confused

30 September 2012, 08:51,
Paul im the same dont buy stuff of the web. My lass does,you can get some good stuff, I just hate missing the postman and waiting for redelivery.
30 September 2012, 09:52,
we buy a lot off ebay, buy something where they accept returns, if its no good then you can always send it back and get a refund. as far as postie goes we have our "Designated" place that only she knows if we are out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2012, 12:01,
yeah we got our own designated place too, local shop/ post office, my mum runs it xD so if we aint home its dropped off there Big Grin

@paul and metro, i can understand you guys totally, i much prefer a personal touch and to talk to someone too Smile

ill see if i can find that same heater somewhere else like argos Smile
30 September 2012, 15:44,
we live a long way from any kind of shop that stocks the sort of thing i want to buy(prep wise) sure we've got supermarkets, butchers, filling station the ordinary things, but if i want something for my preps the nearest shop is 25/30/40 miles away, its easier to order it on line and get it delivered right to the door.