Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protein.
4 October 2012, 09:18, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 09:19 by TOF.)
RE: Protein.
No I would not consider Cannibalism. One reason and one reason only. Disease. After spending all this time and effort prepping to survive, I'm not going to jeopordise my efforts by eating contaminated human. The liklihood of the average Joe's body being diseased in some way, will increase exponentially once healthcare and morals break down. Hepatitis, HIV, Bacterial infections and parasites to name but a few, will definitely remove long pig from my menu.
I would def eat worms before a person. Carry on prepping!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
4 October 2012, 09:37,
its kuru disease you should worry about kuru's

3 quarters of the world get protein from eating insects , i have vtried quite a few and they are not that bad Big Grin
8 October 2012, 07:12,
http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
29 December 2012, 09:45,
is there any resource out there which tells you what insects can be eaten in the uk? OR is pretty much all creepy crawlys fair game?
29 December 2012, 14:46,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...-diet-2020
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 December 2012, 15:23,
Im gonna stick with my rat burgers, dont fancy eating tarantula. The price of insect food is impressive,like your post bp only seen it in the posh shops.
29 December 2012, 16:44,
The thing about a thread like this one,...is no-one here has ever been so hungry that they have been forced to eat what they dont want to eat.

Its ok, seeing in the papers that we will have to get used to eating insects,.. because it will not be your complete diet, you could also have something else if you want to

The Army taught me, that survival is very difficult without some sort of moral boaster from time to time,...so haveing to resort to insects as your complet diet might well get you so low that you either give up, or go down hill medicaly,...its ok saying now that `I will survive no matter what`,... no-one has ever been anywhere near enough to starving to know

I would also like to think my will is strong enough to survive long term without `normal` food,...., but I also know that many people who also once thought the same, have not survived
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 December 2012, 17:46,
you could use insects to supplement your food, flash fried in a pan, with some veg and green leaves, i bet you'd hardly notice them!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 December 2012, 21:08,
Many people in the UK eat soil mould produced in what looks like a chemical works on Teesside. I would be surprised people would eat this but turn their noses up to insects.
30 December 2012, 22:24,
(29 December 2012, 14:46)bigpaul Wrote: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...-diet-2020

thanks for the effort on that one BP but i was thinking more along the lines of if i go into the woods what can i eat out of the selection of things trying to eat me.....hmmm bad way of putting it earthworms dont bite and i think i can eat them.

I may do some research and put a post up for peeps on easy to find protein bugs in the uk wilds.